• 35 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Rockbert wrote:
it would be weird having a deck of cards game without Clubs.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
there has been a little confusion on how to win
you have to be alive to win. whatever number of players that are left when the total of all live players equals 12. you do not have to have been in any conversation with any of them to win. there would be an advantage if there were 12 ones that found each other and decided to stay together til the end and kill all others - that would give you a huge lynch voting block - but if only 1 of you got killed = you could not win like that because you would total 11. you would have to kill a 1 and have a 2 left alive. (i have already said there are no aces = 1s - so this can not happen)
the other extreme would be if an 11 and a 1 got together (again there are no aces so this could not happen) - you would have a smaller group to work with and protect but have a very small lynch voting block.
if the game gets down to four players = a 9, a 4. a 4, and another 4 and one of the 4s dies = none of you would win since there is no combination left that would equal 12

if you have questions feel free to ask here or by PM
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
RyanairLol
Can I join?
Given you are 12th in roster the answer is Yes.
Ryo is the 12th post
We know deuces are a common wild card.
Purpose of babble is get the mind thinking about #12 (if 12 is the goal), the possibility of wild card factor and lastly give a reason for the unjustified early game target I will be :P

WRKD4IT
ThickTalon wrote:
2ofclubs
RyanairLol
Can I join?
Given you are 12th in roster the answer is Yes.
Ryo is the 12th post
We know deuces are a common wild card.
Purpose of babble is get the mind thinking about #12 (if 12 is the goal), the possibility of wild card factor and lastly give a reason for the unjustified early game target I will be :P

Or.

2 of Clubs means there is the number (2) plus 2 clubs on your card. Does this manifest into 4 meaning you need another (2) people with say 2 of hearts or 2 of spades or 2 of diamonds to complete your circle for 12?
Rockbert wrote:
I think we got what we need right?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Rockbert wrote:
That is cool Thick
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have yet dealt the cards and will so only shortly before the game starts in case somebody else wants in
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
if anyone swaps cards with you during the game = you will retain your remaining abilities and will not be told who swapped with you
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
ThickTalon
Found the perfect disrupter avatar
♡ luv it ♣︎♧♣︎
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i wrote this as i started thinking about developing this game. it is a little late to be posting it but i do so primarily for those who missed my other games to get an idea of the flavor of my games. as you may know i have not done any traditional mafia games without putting a twist or 2 in them. i think i have only hosted 3 thus far - some people have thought them to be too simple, some too complicated, some unfair, and some just right. i have not played mafia online on any other site so these ideas are my own and untested.

superhero vs villain - players were allowed to pick their own superpower and all kills from the 1st 3 nights took effect at the end of night 3 = nobody could die the 1st 3 days. this was my 1st game to host and i made a few mistakes. i decided to make some mid-game adjustments since the game was about to get lop sided very early. there were no vanilla roles. we had 22 players

Star Trek mafia - an extra ability was available to purchase if you did not utilize your ability (kill anybody) on the 1st 3 days, Q was the neutral and had great power w the goal to balance the game. the dead could still talk in the game. all lynch votes were placed anonymously. there were no vanilla roles. we had 15 players

Batman mafia game - the joker had a fake role so that it would not be easy to find him and superman had great power w the goal the keep the game balanced. there was 1 more role than there was players. there were no separate day or night phases or abilities = there were just back to back 24hr phases where all actions were in play (eliminated the down time of doing nothing if you did not have a night action. all actions and lynches happened every day. there were no vanilla roles. we had 18 players

Deal me in mafia game
Players are not assigned a role but a number. every player has multiple ways to win the game. there is no mafia but there are separate teams (this is not an uncommon theme). players may switch teams (neither is this unique) several times. players can only win if teamed with others players of their choice and they survive to the end. again to avoid players being eliminated early - no player will die by lynch in the 1st 3 days of play. players who get lynched during day 1 and 2 will not die but some of their role assignment PM will be revealed in the forum and they will have to play the rest of the game exposed.

NEW INFO - i think the game will go better if all start with 1-2 abilities, therefore, all players must spend at least 35 chips before the game begins
Live long and prosper