New Mafia game Sign Up
  • 23 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Madagascarter wrote:
Spaces still open. But I’ve got an idea for a fantasy novel that I need a little help with. So I have a wizard who is trapped in this magic cage. The cage draws energy from the wizards hope. So the higher the hope of the wizard’s escape, the stronger the cage will be and the harder it will be to escape.

I’m just wondering if you could think of a way the wizard could escape this cage only using magic limited to 3 dimensions.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
farspaceplace wrote:
Interesting concept...brings to mind Kafka, George Orwell and the myth of Sisyphus. How do they escape? They dont really, they just accept their fate - and to an extent then escape, because of that.
I imagine the wizard would have to do something similar, but how ? hmm. I ve been a AD&;D player for years, but cant really think of a spell that can do the trick.
Actually the wiz may have to come to a conclusion, that no spell will free him - he just accepts, that theres nothing to do with all his power and knowledge - and that could free him.
Rockbert wrote:
how about a spell of despair, the risk is he might die of it but if he truly accepts it the cage will fall apart? (cool idea by the way) The spell of despair by the way, for a novel, would probably have to carry with it some heavy duty self reflection on the regrets that he has in order for it to be compelling for the reader. (I write fantasy fiction). I say run with it!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Haven't read it yet, count me in anyway! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).