post your worst dice
  • 25 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
slackbatter wrote:
OldDogGen
336 v 322 i lost 335 killing 316

That is the most shocking dice result I've ever seen on this site. That is absolutely insane. You win this thread.








Matty wrote:
dough_boy
336v322 would be a non-starter for me. I generally don't bother attacking unless I have 150% more.
The math sais that this has a 98+% chance of winning. This is a VERY favourable attack. It'll fail once or twice every 100 tries.

When the numbers are small, yes, attacking with a 150% advantage in troop numbers makes sense. But when the numbers are this big, 150% raw number advantage is overkill.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strenght lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Maybe YOUR math says this. However, my D12 experience is I would have at best a 50% shot at the 336v322
Matty wrote:
:D Ah yes, unlucky people exist for sure.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strenght lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
KittyCatManiac wrote:
This game really is unpredictable. I had both these rolls occur in the same game, one for me and one against me. We both thought we would win after these good turns haha

Las Tunas (MLTurner) attacked Moron (KittyCatManiac) conquering it, killing 12, losing 2.

George Town (KittyCatManiac) attacked Moron (MLTurner) conquering it, killing 14, losing 4.
slackbatter wrote:
Just had this one:

S. Pyongan (slackbatter) attacked Chagang (andapanda) killing 17, losing 37

Caps game, so it turned an almost certain (obviously not!) win into a loss.
2ofclubs wrote:
2ofclubs:   Kazakhstan (Staback69 w/ 32) attacked India (2ofclubs w/ 14) killing 13, losing 31. 
sfclimbers wrote:
dough_boy
OldDogGen
... 
336 v 322 i lost 335 killing 316
...

And this is why I have to be conservative when attacking. 336v322 would be a non-starter for me. I generally don't bother attacking unless I have 150% more. So if attacking 10, I might want to start with 25. I would only do that attack if I didn't really care the outcome, or it was a last ditch effort.

Running it through the simulator, that was a 98.5% win rate. Based on that, I'd give it a go, but I'd be monitoring the win/loss along the way...
God_of_War wrote:
sfclimbers
dough_boy
OldDogGen
... 
336 v 322 i lost 335 killing 316
...

And this is why I have to be conservative when attacking. 336v322 would be a non-starter for me. I generally don't bother attacking unless I have 150% more. So if attacking 10, I might want to start with 25. I would only do that attack if I didn't really care the outcome, or it was a last ditch effort.

Running it through the simulator, that was a 98.5% win rate. Based on that, I'd give it a go, but I'd be monitoring the win/loss along the way...

Every failed attack on here is nearly a 98% chance of success. The problem is, we find that 2% quite often so it feels like 50/50
Hi there!
2ofclubs wrote:
2ofclubs
2ofclubs:   Kazakhstan (Staback69 w/ 32) attacked India (2ofclubs w/ 14) killing 13, losing 31. 

Its not the loss that's frustrating but when it's on major campaign for an elimination (last territory to conquer). In this case I was pleased to stay alive. :P