• 18 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Tennesseelogman wrote:
looks like some people must have gotten their feelings hurt over the last mafia game. now that all have had time to recover - anybody want to start a game?
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
I'm down for it.

Not sure what happened last game. No game is going to be perfect, especially when we are all trying to make it more interesting or more challenging. I would like to hope there are no bad feelings about it.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Madagascarter wrote:
Ok, I just needed a bit of time to recover. But I’m ready to play another game. I’d even host one. Less crazy. But I want to play with the idea of mafia controlling communications and saying who can communicate with who. I won’t go too role crazy though and there will be a bunch vanilla town players as well. It will hopefully be a good one for beginners too.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Virtuosity98 wrote:
farspaceplace
Just a quick question from an outsider. These mafia games do look intriguing, BUT i ve always declined since it seems like u ideally have to be online several times 24/7.
So is that the case? As im not the proud owner of a smartphone and hence dont have internet access all the time - (yes, dinosaur), that could be a HUGE problem, if the game is like so.
So questions:
     1. Can u play this game with only logging in, say once a day? I doubt that would be optimal, but maybe?
     2. How long does a game usually take? - (reason of course, the longer it is - the higher chance of "missing a turn";).

3. Optional question: If u do miss a turn, (even if only by a few hours), what are the consequences? Yes i can almost figure this out myself: The voting stuff, influencing the voting stuff, night/day actions. I can almost deduce that would possibly suck for the other plys - just like skipping turns in RISK games can do.
In reply to @farspaceplace from another thread:
1. Logging in once a day, it would be playable, but far from optimal. The phases are always 24hrs long, so daily login is theoretically possible, but often the thread moves in flurries and it's useful to be able to be free at least twice per day.
2. Depends on the number of players. Most games last 2 weeks. I think the longest game lasted a month, but that was a very complicated game with lots of players.
3. Deadlines are pretty rigid. By necessity. Usually it's not too bad if you miss a deadline, but it is definitely a disadvantage.

Having said all that, you are still more than welcome to play! Mafia games are always better with more people. We could organise a game with 36 or 48hr phases to accommodate players with less availability.

Anyway, I hope this answered your questions :) I hope we get to play a game soon :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

farspaceplace wrote:
Thank you for the quick (and precise) answers!

However it does confirm me, that a 24 hour deadline would not work for me. It would be a detriment for not only my game, but also others - so...
A longer deadline...hmm possibly? 48 or even 72 hours, why not? It s not a race necessarily, lol..
So if that is something people would be interested in: slower paced, longer time spent playing the game .- just like the real Don Corleone haha, i could def be interested .
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Good game everyone, thanks Mada for running it!
Anyone wanting to host a game now? :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Rockbert wrote:
I'm ready to play another one!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert wrote:
likewise. ready for another!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann