• 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
A colleague stepped in during the early times with 5k - he made a lot of monies
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
OldDogGen wrote:
I've been investing into it over the last 2 months. 
I've put a total of £3000 into it, and my current balance is now just over £4000.
i would really welcome any advice from people that have been trading/investing for longer.
ive not bought any Dodgecoin, or a similar (HIGH risk) coin. 
Hoodlum wrote:
my sons have been dabbling for a few months with safemoon, it's new, and they have been making profit. i checked it out, and stuck $100 in last week. yesterday i was up $300. so now im a bit interested in this cryptocurrency stuff. funny you should ask.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
and apparently my wife said she wanted to look into bitcoin when it first came out, and she said that i said it was a scam..so she didn't.. i don't remember saying that! but it sounds like me lol. ughh
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
OldDogGen wrote:
i did buy some shiba recently, 
too recently :(

not 2 weeks ago, when my friend bought $30 worth and watched it climb to over $1000!
its dropped back down to around $400 with this recent big drop

ive lost around %40 of that so far :(

and around 10 - 20 % in my other holdings
periwinkle wrote:
yup.....with cryptocurrencies...definitely expect some wild swings...in fact even expect it to crash to zero. it's not for the faint at heart! it's the type of investment you just kiss whatever amount you put in and ignore it and hope it takes off ....give it a year timeline. we (my hubby and i) did that with bitcoin last year. you need to literally forget about it and let it do it's thing. we just got out a month ago and made a killing...now we have it in ethereum.  gonna buy monero today.
2ofclubs wrote:
Funny this last Sunday I had relatives trying to convince me its a great deal to invest in. Then just last night I saw a new release on Netflix. Check the new release on Netflix about money scams. Then make your own conclusion. Personally I see it as scams that will be revealed like all to good to be true get rich fast deals. :P 
WRKD4IT
periwinkle wrote:
like any new technology...there are going to be many different types of cryptocurrencies/players trying to make it. the challenge is which one to invest in? cryptocurrencies are here to stay...whether you like it or not....similarly tesla....we invested in tesla 3 years ago when no one else was paying attention and many people were writing off the electric car......now it is a mainstream car.  there were more tesla model 3 cars than the bmw m3 cars sold last year....we got out of tesla a year ago because we thought it topped off and it did...we moved it to bitcoin. made a killing...now we moved it to ethereum. it's tough trying to find out which stocks are the winners. we follow a few experts in the field for our stock picks. these are big players in the finance industry and we just follow their tweets. we follow behaviourist/sentiment finance and technical analysis guys.  we found that combination works well.
OldDogGen wrote:
u must of done very well with your bitcoin investment. nice :) good on u .
now backing ether, seems like another wise move to me.
 ive done a spread over about 15 different coins.

This current market manipulation is just to scare as many people off of it as possible , while all those with loads of money get to corner the market with all the right investments at low prices.

Crypto currencies ARE the future, no doubt for me.
its just a matter of which ones will rise up to be the future currencies.
periwinkle wrote:
well...i have to thank the few industry leaders...these are the guys i follow...(just google them)
scott galloway...new technologies
thomas lee (fundstrat)...market sentiment
jc parets (allstarcharts)...technical analysis

there are a few others but those are the main players that have been calling it right over the last 5+ years. They called it right over the whole covid crash and bounce back. all you need to do is to follow these guys are twitter. keep in mind these guys are based in the USA. but i'm canadian and there are many things they say that applies to canada too.

oh ...if you see their avatar on twitter with red laser eyes...it's a thing among the finance industry...it means they invested in cryptocurrency....although that was a trend 5 months ago...a few of them still have the red laser eyes.
OldDogGen wrote:
i thought the red lazer eyes were more for supporting Bitcoin, rather than all cryptos..........i could be wrong.....

Big thanks for the names to look up. :)