What do you think about a tournament.
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Holt wrote:
I have an idea for a tournament to be set up on a saturday. I have asked around a little and the feedback so far is that the other players like it but I would like to get a few more opinions. If it were up to me I would set it up around the time that we have our Risk Day. We can have a signup sheet in the forum for the players that would like to join. Then we will have someone setup some type of a bracket system. I haven't quite figured out how the brackets would work but it may be best to do it by rank. I would say high rank plays low rank in the first round. I would put the matches for double elimination, which will take care of anyone that doesn't feel something about the match wasnt fair to them such as opening setup, rolls, etc.. The rules of the matches will be setup before the tournament and they will be the same rules for all the matches throughout the tournament. For example, the type could be Deathmatch with No Fog, Fixed Cards, Adjacent Reinforcements. The entire tournament would have that setup so as to keep it fair. I would like for a tournament to take place but I would like to see what kind of feedback I get from this first. Also I would need approval from 4mygod before any of this could take place.
cody224 wrote:
Its a good idea, I wanted to try and set up a tournament once but it got too complicated. Because since Dominating12 doesn't have passwords to games, or a tournament forum to update and make changes too it makes it very hard. Everyone would have to be online at once to make it happen, so that other people don't join their games that arn't suppose too.
Holt wrote:
Well I meant it as a Live game tournament. It would be very hard to create a 24 hour tournament.
Dsds7292 wrote:
1771, How do you get skill. Not the skill points, but the skill. For example, distributor is a very high rank, but it says his skill is 0
Crystal wrote:
Skill Points are calculated depending on what the website thinks your skill is. More skill points are gained for winning against good players and having a higher tally than them. To view your tally's against other players simply click your username link in the top left of the page to view your profile. Then click "Standings". This will show you your tally against everyone else on the site. If you are below someone you do not lose any skill points, but you also don't gain any. If you are above someone and that person is above other people then you should gain skill points from them, unless they are below a lot of people.

A simple way to understand it is this: Win against good players and you will gain a lot of skill points, win against bad players and you won't gain any.

Vexer wrote:
we will definitely get tournaments going later in the year. you can count on it.