Geo-politics according to John Cleese
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Damage_Inc wrote:
Its not just Geo-politics, it is the comprehensive global reaction to the threat of terrorism. It will enlighten your day!

“The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s Get the Bastards.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French Government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

The Italians have increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

The Australians, meanwhile, have raised their security level from “No worries” to “She’ll be right, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is canceled.” So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.”
Hoodlum wrote:
New Zealand has also raised its security levels – from “baaa” to “BAAAA!”. New Zealand only has one more level of escalation, which is “I suppose we better help the bro's out across the ditch”.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Sygmassacre wrote:
Yeah, keep on your side of the world and we wont send the entire back catalogue of Shortland Street beaming into your living rooms
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
aeronautic wrote:
Only just read this and really Laughing Out Loud.
Very funny!
I thought it was a serious post at first, but this has just put me in a great mood for the day. ^^ :thumbs:
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
You just cracked me up :D
Shouldve read the subtitle... that it was all about John Cleese ;d

"With the entire situation tensing up even further, the Dutch got dragged into the commotion too! Hansje Brinker has been notified by King Willy ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtT_yIeTF6I - created by the same guys who made: http://www.luckytv.nl/time-of-my-life/ ;) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LuckyTV ) to intensify his efforts, he has therefore now plugged a SECOND FINGER in a dyke. // https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Brinker,_or_The_Silver_Skates ” And if that may not be enough... if the escalation continues, two more security levels are still available. The next would be "4/20 into 24/7" which proposes the idea of smoking weed not just every day, but every hour, every day! Experts state this would be a "HIGH"solution :roll: Although the final level is still kept fully confidential, we have received some secret information from famous trendwatcher Elon Musk: "By placing windmills in the windy eye of Mars, we can harnass incredible amounts of energy, with which the woodenshoe industry can spike to new levels, which can easily be used by every citizen to kick some *ss! (NOTE: We're all out of bubble gum in the Netherlands right now ;))"

^^
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
wow, this post.
At the time of this post...NZ seemed liked the safest place in the world from terrorism. My hometown was targeted. How did NZ react and respond?
Proud Kiwi.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
farspaceplace wrote:
Yes - it can happen anywhere. Very sad - but humans and conflict is unfortunately linked. (I know only little about the NZ pm, except shes very young concidered - and seems to have reasonable progressive policy. In intention at least - can be hard to get through w it. Hope shes faring well).
BUT hilarious post - a bit hard on the French lol, its only really in ww2, they sort of collapsed.