your guide to play more Long term games
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jimi wrote:
well well,

(Please note that my reasons might fit more with Premium members)

many people on this site complaining that they don't get many games, and if they get one it's mostly 1 v1 game. which made people leave the site sometimes with no return.

so what's the solution?

are you ready to know?

the site (like all other sites) has something called long-term games :)

but why would I play long term games while I want to play my game on the spot and finish it immediately?

such a good question, But:
long-term games have many advantages for your health than live games I will state some here and you are welcome to agree and add some other points or to disagree at all:

LG Advantages:
1. you can play more games at the same time

in live games, you can only play 2 games at the same time, but in LT games especially if you were a premium member, you can play an unlimited number of games. and every now and then you can check the website to play your turn without waiting for ages to get a nice game.

2. you can have nicer and stronger games

you can join many games with the players you choose with any number of players more than 1 v 1 if you don't like them and you enjoy a very strategic 6, 7,8,9 players games, also most of higher ranks players play long term games much more than live games.

3. Time Saver

well some live games get really long and boring, and sometimes you have an urgent thing comes up, and all you do is to resign in a middle of a game, you lose your points and you don't enjoy the game plus you ruin the game for others, in long-term games you don't have to stay that long to finish your turn you just play it whenever time suits you, without wasting your time playing (unless you have nothing to do in your life)

4. relationships saviour

*(cheeky and Sygma are excluded)
if you are in a relationship you might know what I am going to say in this point.
I mean, live games get all your attention for at least 40 minutes (in games with more than 1 v1) which could possibly make ( a tension) between you and your spouse, sometimes you start a game and your spouse come from work or whatever he/she is doing and expecting a warm welcome, but if you are in a game already it means your attention is not fully given since you only have 3-5 minutes to play your turn and here comes the fight :) so be careful when you play lives games, chose the right time or just go to long term games, where u can pause your turn and play it later and give the full attention to your friends or spouses.

5. better for your emotions

when you play a live game, you see the game from beginning to end (yeah what a smart observation) and it happens fast, but psychologically when you string along with anything from beginning to end you get attached to that thing, like in Movies or in Novels, the same thing with live games, you put all your focus on that game, you see the build-up, then you see the gradual death of the game, and sometimes (well, most of the times) "exclude henris here" the end is not what you wish, you see some noob or a very nieve player ruining the game for a sure faliure (I know all of us has been there) so your emotions get disturbed immediatly and you start cursing and swearing a lot and you lose your temper in real life, and sometimes that game ruins your day (not all of us of course), and that's because you saw the fail of another player while he is doing that very mistake. but in long-term games:
a. you rarely get attached to a certain game especially when you have so many games to be played.
b. you don't see that fail, you just see the game whether ended or came to you on a golden spoon.
c. the conclusion your emotions are more stable

6. better chance to get a higher rank

with all humility, I am the dominator right now (I know it will not stay forever) but I could never get that rank in live games. but in long-term games, I can easily find 7-9 players games and I can work on those games so if I win a get a bunch of points (even if the game is full of privates and basics) and when I lose I lose like a random 1 v 1 game, so if you really want and care about getting higher ranks, play bigger games, and you find those games in Longterm games sections.

I know there are some disadvantages of playing LT games, like when you have few games there (like non-premium players) you wait longer to get a turn, also some people are looking for adrenaline rushes which can be found more in live games, also some people just love 1 v1, and finally some people have enough time to play a live game and don't like to wait days to get a single turn.

Thanks for reading :)

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
elysium5 wrote:
Yes, very good breakdown.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
Nice Jimi. I'd like to add
7. Time to plan

With 24 hours to make your play you don't have the time pressure of calculating whether the move is a good one. So many games ruined because I miscalculated the cards, or what the turn in value would be after the 3rd player ive killed. Sometimes in a live game you can calculate early. But then the player before you does something unexpected and you have to change your plan. It can be stressful making these decisions on a 3 minute timer.
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
allthingsmustpass wrote:
I've just realized after about 3 years on this site lol. Don't think I'll ever be close to being a dominator, but I do find long term games to be much less stressful. Also, my ranking is actually as high as it's been in a long time....hopefully stays that way, but thanks for this informative article, and I hope Dominating 12 isn't causing any marital strife to anyone!
Jimi wrote:
Sygmassacre
Nice Jimi. I'd like to add
7. Time to plan

With 24 hours to make your play you don't have the time pressure of calculating whether the move is a good one. So many games ruined because I miscalculated the cards, or what the turn in value would be after the 3rd player ive killed. Sometimes in a live game you can calculate early. But then the player before you does something unexpected and you have to change your plan. It can be stressful making these decisions on a 3 minute timer.
Ohhh that's very true, don't know why I forgot it..

Thanks for the addition

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Jimi wrote:
ruffrider
I've just realized after about 3 years on this site lol. Don't think I'll ever be close to being a dominator, but I do find long term games to be much less stressful. Also, my ranking is actually as high as it's been in a long time....hopefully stays that way, but thanks for this informative article, and I hope Dominating 12 isn't causing any marital strife to anyone!
You are a good player you might be the dominator soon, maybe if you stopped playing 1 v 1 ;)

Batman