share games and thoughts
  • 39 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
The_Bishop wrote:
I feel like the only one which follows my game is Momagic.
I think many know how the pieces move but not many know how to read the moves. It is not that difficult you should read this:

The Algebraic Notation (click to show)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
So here the new update:

[image]

31. Rxa5 Be5
32. h3 Bc3
33. Kh2 Qg6
34. Ra6 Qg7
35. Rxh6 Rb8
36. Rh5 Qg6

[image]
The_Bishop wrote:
Really I would have loved my opponent to try to advance the pawn to promotion, in that case I had a foxy trick for him:
36. Rh5 b3 37. Rf5 b2 38. Rhxg5 b1=Q 39. Qxf7+ Kh8 40. Rh5+ Qh7 41. Rxh7#
or also:
36. Rh5 b3 37. Rf5 Bf6 38. Rf3 b2 39. Rb3 Rxb3 40. Qc8+ Bd8 41. Qxd8+ Qf8 42. Rxg5+ Kh7 43. Qxf8 b1=Q 44. Qg7#

He used a different strategy but he did some mistakes.
Here the conclusion of the game:

37. g4 Qd6+
38. Kg2 Qd2+
39. Rf2 Black resigns.

[image]

He just lost another pawn. He tried to attack with the Queen, but his Queen had such an important defensive role, and after receiving the threat of my Rook "she" cannot come back in good position to defend both pawns and (most of all) the threat of mate in f7.

Another game won by little_bishop!! :P
My tally actually is 12 wins, 3 losses and 1 draw game. I am being successful at correspondence chess...
But Moma wants to challenge me in a live game and... I fear to lose really! (S)

Now I am waiting the results of the computer analysis for this game, to see what mistakes I did, because surely I did some.
momagajic wrote:
Congratulations Bischop,In chess is always positive score 50 % ,and you hawe more ;) Good job
momagajic wrote:
Finaly ,game between me and you ;)  we can play 10 games and on end see result ,that a real thing..or shorter whit 5 games ,choose
aeronautic wrote:
I see now where the account name came from (The _Bishop), it was the highest valued piece with the least presumptuous name!

BTW that game was a bit of a team effort, 3 against 1 really. LOL

Ignore me, I don't take chess very seriously like you guys. I like it, but just work my strategy on what comes of the game. I only play with family & friends occasionally, I don't understand the terminology but win most of the time. If I was to play a proper chess player, I would no doubt lose most of the time.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Congrats Moma. First of all I want to tell you I was not playing at my greater level, I wanted to be friendly. Then you must consider I was very sleepy because already too late for me. And with a higher timer I am sure I can beat you.
momagajic wrote:
Ok bishop no problem mate ,you can chalenge me whenever you want ,when you readdy just send me pm ;)  I dont telling result to blame you, im quate ^^
Sygmassacre wrote:
Haha true. But seriously, she boxes so I have no hope in a fight. But on a chess board she is timid because I have no qualms about sacrificing piece for piece and she hates playing without her queen so I just attack up the middle and she goes defensive to avoid losing power pieces
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
The_Bishop wrote:
So, many know the game and how pieces move...

Since I added a forum thread for chess puzzles. This one is more about general discussions and comments on games played.

The puzzle is there. Not a very hard one but also not so easy for non-expert players.