:)
  • 143 posts
  • Page 8 of 10
JamesKer1 wrote:
Hoodlum - Nov 22, 12:31 AM
How was your game messed up?
How was the whole game messed up actually. A time line of errors, imbalances or whatever, that caused the end game, would be something for players to have a look at to see for themselves. Thus we can give some feedback, or disagreement

Sygmassacre said (to UP):
08:57 AM, 10 November 2014
You already ruined the game by blabbing all to hood who told all to epic. They laughed at you while you tried, in vain, to convince epic you're neutral. Yes, I released the inspect result 12 hours after it was requested but before the end of the first cycle but it would only have delayed all the ensuing conversations by 24 hours. But you still continued to blab to hood, including James being mafia so epic knew who 3 out of the 4 were and it was at that point an easy victory for village because as soon as JK1 was dead and the last mafia killed the Sentinel would have self destructed and the game ended. In order to balance the game and fix all you had done I had to release the numbers of each side to force epic to rethink his strategy and realise it wasn't as simple as a 1 2 3 strategy to victory. Once JK was dead and his role pm revealed the Sentinel's existence would also have been revealed so by getting epic to rethink and not trust all he had been told it could have bought the mafia more time as it would not have been as simple as lynching ox, then jk, then you because there would not be the reliable info he had been given since knowing there are 5 mafia goes against his belief that there were only 4. I also, once hood joined the village, planned to give the Sentinel an upgrade so that it wouldn't self-destruct once all the mafia were dead and could keep killing until it was last or got lynched. Now I couldn't put this in hoods role pm (that him choosing village would give the Sentinel an upgrade) as it was meant to be a secret weapon unless JK1 was killed or it was found and used. But since you included Kelly and epic in the message which leaves no possibility to let it play out.

I have edited out some of it for everyone's sake, but this is the jist of how I got screwed over here. I was busy for a few days and UP gave me up before I sent more than five messages to anyone.

But, the scoring doesn't matter too much to me. I'm done with mafia for a while.
Hoodlum wrote:
Thanks James, that was informative. I can see the frustration you have with this game as some of us have, but this game shouldn't go un-rewarded.

UP made the mistakes, not by telling me, but by not trusting me. I would have helped win this for the mafia if UP didn't hold back. Since me and UP had already made a pre-communication, I started my game early and was gonna choose whatever faction UP was on, and I was straight up with everything, my real role, the fake role which I designed to help keep me alive. I tried my best to convince everyone that it was an easy choice for me to choose village. (even tho at this time I was choosing mafia because that's what UP was) To get UP's full trust I had to be trusting, and a bit patient for him to come around with the plan. It was in his hands to accept it, all he had to do was bring me in to the darkside (mafia) instead of being hesitant or trying to play an individual game.
He screwed up his own game and brought down his faction with him. My goal was to just survive to N2, which I tried to do with how I wrote up a fake role. I was in communication with epic, and he told me what I already knew. Oxen was mafia, because UP had already revealed this to me. I even tried to work something out, by telling OXEN that I knew he was mafia and so did others as you were inspected, time to bring me in. He continues to tell me he is a spoonboy. This is where I decided, "do I want a challenge or an easy win. Do mafia deserve to win? Do I want to take down an all star mafia line up?"
Yes I do want to bring down an all star mafia team. Time to flip decision, because Mafia weren't playing it smart (or UP wasn't playing it smart).
UP's ego didn't want me to be in control of his game for a few days, but he basically didn't have a choice after revealing what his faction was and 3/4 of who was in it. Even if I was a mafia hit that night, too much damage
done, I had put myself in a powerful position. epic's role was perfect for me to survive the night which I had planned with him, so that I could choose village, better safe than sorry.
Who knows if I would have survived to even choose a faction. The game didn't get to be played out because of matters.
It seems to be agreeable that I deserve the points for this game. Epic would have been instrumental to a village win by guarding me and having gotten information on 3/4 mafia info from me.
Although UP may have put in some work for mafia, all that got nullified with his mistake, and further game sabotage. Could have been a mafia win if he played it right.

Hood MVP
Epic MvP
Village/Neutral points.

UP - Spoonboy award.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
UltrasPlot wrote:
I'm gonna ignore hood's gameplay rant and get to the point... mafia had an action hook role, hood. if it were to be played out you would've died N1. If you actually want to base something off the end of the game, your result would yield 0 points. Therefore, I gave points based on how well I think each player played at the point when the game went boom.
... (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
Why would I have died N1? Wasn't epic able to guard me like I had planned with him? If he could, how can you predict that he wouldn't? And is it up to you to give the points? You were a player this game not a mod you shouldn't be involved, and if your talking about the HOF points, I don't think that should be up to you either considering the scenario of how this game went down. I like these games UP but I do feel that you don't show much respect for other hosted games other than your own, from what I've read. James and Beta's games, you have been discouraging. Either you don't play these games (mod/assist only), or if you do, stay completely out of the scoring aspect of it. This is an opportunity for Mafia games to improve otherwise i can see popular players losing interest.
UltrasPlot wrote:
we have action hook... duh

if you like i'll just file beta's points but taking the deadbeats out
Hoodlum wrote:
forgive my noobness. i didn't know what an action hook was.
JamesKer1 wrote:
UltrasPlot - Nov 26, 07:51 PM
we have action hook... duh

if you like i'll just file beta's points but taking the deadbeats out

This is hypothetical. There is a very real chance that person would have been found out and killed/lynched. "What ifs" are not a valid argument.
UltrasPlot wrote:
The Dominating12 game has ended. After a long two-man struggle following Stratosphere's deadbeat, Sygmassacre emerged victorious.

+6 Blackshirts
+6 Sygmassacre
+Dominator title Sygmassacre
UltrasPlot wrote:
Also unless anyone objects I'm putting in BETA's points without deadbeats tomorrow.
OXEN wrote:

THIS WHO I PLAY MAFIA LOLOLOL
OXEN wrote:
YEah i will tell u this, when MEGA MAFIA GAME is coming up that Iam moding, you'll have to use your brain and not these crazy lottery actions that has been going on... I don't mind actions with counters... But when it becomes a LOTTERY MAFIA GAME, I dont see the point of the game... Well , well just my oxpinion.

Peace out!