It's my turn now.
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Matty wrote:
For those who've missed it, here's an exellent maths puzzle.
Except that maths as I know it is not so much about numbers and formulas, as about logical thinking.
So goodluck :)

Once upon a time in Soviet Russia comrad A. Adamns added a rooster to his fine collection of chickens. Now the frequently loud noises early in the morning greatly annoyed his two neighbours, comrad B. Brown and comrad C. Chrzanowski. Instead of making a fuss about it, they decided to talk it out.
At the end of the day they did not find a good solution. Instead, they decided they hated each other so much they would never speak with eachother again.
This resulted in a small problem.

You see, everything they need they can buy at one of the three special ussr-you-can-buy-everything-mega-stores, except for Doughnut's, Eggs and French Fries.
These can of course be bought at the designated speciality stores, designed to show the outside world that small businesses can also thrive in the soviet union.
Unfortunately there is only one shop for Doughnuts, one for Eggs and one for French Fries.

Can the three neighbours find paths so that they can get everything they need at any time they want, without the risk of bumping into one of their neighbour comrades (which means having to greet them)?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure I completely understand the problem.
Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
You are right, it is actually true that if they time it right they will meet each other in the shop again, but lets assume that in there they don't have to greet eachother when inside one of the three stores.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
The guy with the chickens doesn't need to visit the egg store
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
elysium5 wrote:
"Can the three neighbours find paths so that they can get everything they need at any time they want, without the risk of bumping into one of their neighbour comrades (which means having to greet them)?"

The answer to your question in it's entirety would be a resounding;

Yes
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"