Highlighted words leading to adds
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Votazap wrote:
Okay, on my laptop awhile ago I expereienced random words being highlighted and if you scroll over them they pop up adds. I tried many things and eventually got rid of it. Unfortunetly it started doing it again recently. WHAT is going on and how do i fix this??
Votazap wrote:
also adds sometimes randomly pop up like when i opened this page to write a post it opened up a whole new tab and said i need this random flash software to view it lol i am getting concerned
I would prefer to not reset my computer to its factory settings
Matty wrote:
Do they do that inside some webpages only (like games like travian), or do they do that everywhere?

Only in your browser I assume?

A full virus scan can never hurt, cause this sounds weird :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Also, what browser are you using?

Edit, this seems to be your problem. But maybe also your solution.

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Votazap wrote:
I am using google chrome and yes they have been popping up on several websites including dominating12
Votazap wrote:
right now this coupong antivirus thing popped up(I know its fake) like literally things wont stop popping up
Matty wrote:
You do have malware on your computer. Its not a dangerous virus, its just very annoying.

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

Here is a description with what it is and how to remove it I guess.
Votazap wrote:
thats funny, i thought it might have something to do with a "cookie"
Matty wrote:
I am going to sleep now, as it's a bit late and im quite tired.

If it doesnt work, you can temporarily disable it by removing a plugin called 'text-enhance' and clear you browser cache. It will come back next time you restart your computer I think, so I'll help you on tomorrow then.

But if my guess is correct that link will tell you how to solve it.

(Edit: It seems to (ab)use all sorts of things; cookies, flash, plugins, ?)
Votazap wrote:
Okay unfortunetly it didnt work as I didnt see a text enchance extension
BrewDog wrote:
Try downloading M-Bam. Google it. Malware Bytes. It clears up most annoying malware and its free. Just be cautious when you install it unclick the try the full version button. Lmk how it goes.