• 21 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Matty wrote:
The problem is that if played with new players, one of those new players could accidentally forget that while he is attacking with his cap, someone can take it.
That means that any random player can win, if only he is online at the right time.

There are more of those kind of situations possible.

I agree that if all players are good players and don't make these silly (unfair?) mistakes, than it gives good gameplay, though different.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
suldam wrote:
i think you're too safe mat. live a little and come down here and enjoy a few matches with the commoners. :)

we promise we won't bite, just be awed by your terrific gameplay
Clarke wrote:
Matty & Suldam and other: Check out this post and give feedback. It is what I imagine when I think of "same time". Would eliminate some of the complaints many have with the current same time games.

http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&act=view&id=1376&board=20&lastpost=1#post-19963
4960epic wrote:
As a player and enjoyer of same time capitals games, they really are a good point builder once you get good at them. I started out through the summer, and played with sparty, delija, tontot, and beta. Once you figure out that the game does not only rely on speed, you start to enjoy it. You have to remember at the beginning to examine your drop, and decide where you can take a region, but still keep your capital strong enough to defend. The key is to have enough reinforcements, and troops built up beside someones capital to kill them. Leaving your capital for a kill is a bad idea because others will be more than happy to take your cap. you want to wait until the end of the turn in order to best react to your opponets moves, and make your own moves. Also, this helps you guard against people adding time for an unfair advantage. 
Each turn you are faced with the decision of either running out of time and possibly glitching out of a turn next round to safeguard against time adders, or ending. You have to watch, see who hasn't placed, or made moves, also take note of kills people could make to get an advantage.
After taking all of these things into account, you also must learn to not rely on dice to get you a win. The dice won't always pull through for you. This seems to be a problem with some people.;) you also have to think who is faster than you, and who is slower than you. This can be taken into account when everyone is looking to kill the same person at the beginning of the next round.

Enjoy same time capitals games, they aren't that bad.