Final Voting! Ends Through Wednesday!
  • 24 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Thorpe wrote:
The back mountains have a sharper edge then the front ones. Take a look at a photo and you will see that the mountains in the foreground should have a crisper edge then the ones in the background.
Can you not find a real photo with mountains in the background and then clip and paste, or use some of your foreground mountain copy and blur it more then paste it behind your mountain?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
I don't like how your trails stick out so much...I would prefer if you got rid of the black glow around the trails and tried to merge the trails with the rest of the mountain...If you prefer the trails sticking out at least reduce the black glow...

You also need to keep in mind where your territories are going to be...so you might want to separate the trails a little...or something...I feel like your trails are extremely clutterd...

there are lifts at this mountain right? I think you should try making a 3-d-ish lift. I think the lifts should be one way attacks...up...and trails be the other way...down... I am not sure how you would explain that on the map but I think it would be cool...that might not be good for game play though...

I love the background...I think the mountain tops are a little to pointy but the background is amazing...

When you get to the mini map...I think that there should be a big snowboard or something that it kinda sits on...right inbetween the bindings...I just thought I'd throw that idea out there...

I like the trees in the latest update much better...not sure what you did but they look much better...

I think that you should throw yoda's cabins on there for the lodges...

There are two faint lines curving through the picture in the top left...? It look like you may have more than two there are more near the bottom...if that's your shading layer try blurring it a bit so it isn't so sudden in it's shade change

The trails are extremely bright (at least I think so)...try making them a little darker...not all of it try making it like the snow above the trails in the last update...

At the tops and the bottoms of the trails the snow doesn't merge...it stands out with the rest of the trail...I think they should kinda merge...

marcoxa wrote:
yes i know the snow and trees need to be merged somehow but i still not sure how to do that. its alot that harder than you think and its not something that i can just "make" happen. still trying to figure out what to do. but for now i softened the trees so there not so edgy. i thought that would help it out a little.

i'm not worried about the tails being light are not standing out or anything about the tails appearance yet because i have yet to add the colors and split that up. that alone will solve many problems you speak of.

Vexer wrote:
@pntbttr
the image quality was too poor. The image used to create this version was only 430 x 269 and when it got resized it made the trees too blurry. There were also large holes on the top left and bottom right that marcoxa filled in but his style didn't match the rest of the map so it looked off.

And in my expert opinion there really was no way to turn that image into a risk map. On Marcoxa's version the trails were too small and too close together to fit territory circles. And votazaps trails were too big.

We have a new base image that was resized from 2134 x 1406 so the image quality will be much higher. It will be an HD map 1366 pixels wide so that the territory circles will fit better.

This is why the guide says to start with game play. You have to make sure you have room for territory circles, labels, connection lines, a mini map and a title. If they had put territory circles on the map before doing any artwork then they would have seen that the map wouldn't work and saved a lot of time. And adding labels and connection lines would have made it even more obvious that there was no way to do it with this image.
marcoxa wrote:
btw the trees were blury because i made them blury. the only thing left from the original image is the trails. everything else i made.