Option for the "World Map"
  • 89 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
Thorpe wrote:
This is to give players almost the same game play as the world map but with a twist..I thought this would be a great addition to the sites maps.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/torjw.jpg/

The text needs to be done by someone that can do them. Hope Fendi will do them once again...have not asked her as of yet.

(Edit by aeronautic): This map was given permission by the creator slylok
The original map is here.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
wow, nice work Thorpe. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
Pntbttr wrote:
I like the background! I tried to do a papery effect like that with the med. sea map but horribly failed...
love the sea horse and ship!

I don't know how you could improve it besides the text...maybe higher the opacity on the land texture...also you forgot texture on the mini map...
Thorpe wrote:
The map should be a little washed out don't you think? Maybe not?
Thank=you for your comments! Waiting for other inputs...zzzzzzz
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I think the transition between N-America and afrika (i mean of course: Hagros and Wrathilles) can use some more contrast I think.

Also im curious about the new bonusses, since S-America for example now has three borders.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
The paper background is perfect. The border is awesome and almost perfect, except for the 3 pixels out of place in the lower left corner.

The title is not anti-aliased which gives it that 1995 look I have been talking about. It needs to be redone.

i'm with matty about Hagros and Wrathilles.

Gillacia having 3 borders makes it worth 2.5. you could round up or down. Up is too much however and down is too little. I'm not a fan of 4 territory regions with 3 borders for this reason. It doesn't matter if there are more than one region with 4 terr. and 3 borders, then you could make them all 2. But in this case we have another region with 4 terr. and 2 borders in which case it would be better if Gillacia also only had to defend 2 or if it had 5 territories and had to defend 3 borders and was worth 3. easiest thing to do would be to make ivory tundra not so close to northern shataria and not have them connect. you could move that whole continent to the right and center it between the blue and yellow regions. i think that would be more aesthetic as well.

I also think the land could use a little more texture. You could make it so that you can see some of the paper texture on the land. just duplicate that texture layer, cut out the ocean (or use a layer mask if you are using gimp (preferred)) make it grayscale and overlay it on top of the land.
Thorpe wrote:
Yes the text thing again! hehehe
By the way this was all done using Paint.net
Vexer wrote:
thorpe you are probably turning off anti-aliasing when you draw lines and not turning it back on when you do text.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2082/torjk.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

New with title...but again no text
How is the texture?
Yes I know no mini map and connections need improvement
Vexer you missed some things on the boarder but I fixed them...places had one line and it should have been two and there was some blurry spots I had to fix. plus some contrast lines had no contrast...one shade lighter. But you did say it was almost perfect...so you must have known I would of fixed other things once you told me it was almost perfect...now is it?

And now? Anything?
Vexer wrote:
texture looks good.
still need to darken border between Hagros and Wrathilles.

I would like to do the connection lines for you. I just don't think you're going to get good results in paint.net no matter how hard you try. It's so easy to do in adobe fireworks. Even glanru, who has photoshop, has me do some of his connection lines.
Thorpe wrote:
Oh, the border...duh..will do
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/885/torp.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Ok the newest update and almost done with it all!
connections are being done by Vexer.

Any comments you had better hurry cause soon no changes!

Well maybe no changes.
Leedog wrote:
By the way Thorpe, who is "Tor"... or did you just make that name up?