New Map idea. Your feedback is needed!
  • 21 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Vexer wrote:
I have done some tests with larger size maps to see if this map can be made larger. I have decided that this map can be a max of 1366 x 1366 pixels. the site won't display properly for those with 1024 x 768 resolution monitors even using the smaller version of the map but it will still be playable. It will take at least a 1280 x 720 resolution to display the smaller version properly and at least a 1680 x 1050 resolution monitor to display the large version properly.

If you decide to make the map this big, hopefully it will give you enough space to make the territories a little bigger. Some of the yellow territories are too small to fit a territory circle on.

Most of the aspects of this map cannot currently be done on the site. Unless we get another programmer, I doubt Teck will ever have the time to make custom rules for custom maps. Specifically percentages cannot be done. It has to be like +5 or 10 or something. Also, starting territories and positions cannot currently be done, although it sounds like it would be a cool idea. The part about starting off with one or two continent and whether they will be in the same kingdom or not would also need special programming. and like I said, i don't think it will ever happen unless we get another programmer. and even then that programmer would have a long list of things to do before getting to this. I suggest either changing the map completely to make it work with the site as it is or just giving up on it because it could take years before anyone gets time to program the special features of this map into the site.
k_w_cheng wrote:
Thanks for the comments, Vexer.
Since this is a draft map and all custom rules are created to make it fun to play. This map gives tremendous rooms for people who likes to use strategies to win. If they are technically difficult to build, I can make some changes to the design:
e.g.
1) size of map can be reduced by cutting down to 4 continents instead of 8, but that means the max number of players = 4
2) percentage can change to an integer number instead
3) as for the starting territory, treat it as a 'Capitol', but remove the rule so that the game does not end when someone lost his/her 'Capitol'

You just need to tell me what is achievable, what is not, then we can make it happen.
Vexer wrote:
none of the custom rules for the map are technically difficult to do, we just don't have anyone to program it. The site needs a programmer.

All of it is achievable if we had a programmer and he/she had time. But even if we had a programmer, there are 30 things to do first so who knows how long it would be before they could start work on the map.

Your proposed changes still won't work with the site without additional programming. We cannot limit a game to 4 players and making the starting territory like capitals but without it being a capital would require a programmer changing code and we do not have a programmer. If you really want this done, find us a volunteer programmer. Specifically we need one who knows javascript, php, and mysql.