Holy Roman Empire in the year 843
  • 51 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Rockbert wrote:
Looking forward to this map
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
I believe this addresses matty's issues and this is option one.

Spoiler (click to show)
This is option 2

The bonuses will have to be changed for option 1 but the main difference is whether we have troop bonuses for super regions or we make it like world expanded and just have the regions be good in and of themselves. I'll work on tweaking the bonuses for option 1... I do think some of the rivers need tweaked either way, if they aren't going to be a region border why have them at all.
Eat my dust.
The_Bishop wrote:
Western Alps are often removed from game maps, pity... Corsica island should be there though!
As for the rivers, try to find the best fit between actual rivers and good game-play. Please consider you can also tweak territories and regions instead of tweaking the rivers. How many territories are there, please?
I tend to think both minimaps should be on the right.
The graphics is too basic for now.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
The_Bishop
Western Alps are often removed from game maps, pity... Corsica island should be there though!
As for the rivers, try to find the best fit between actual rivers and good game-play. Please consider you can also tweak territories and regions instead of tweaking the rivers. How many territories are there, please?
I tend to think both minimaps should be on the right.
The graphics is too basic for now.

I could use the western alps instead of the rhone... Corsica isn't important to the map so I don't see the need.
I think I can tweak the regions within the super regions but I'm not going to change the super regions as that is one of the main parts of the map
There are somewhere between 65 and 70 depending on which option
Eat my dust.
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
Any final thoughts? Or can I attempt to move to the graphics stage, do I need to talk to aero or something beforehand
Eat my dust.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes please, let's work on graphics to get a better idea of how it looks
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
i guess ill get started. all settled in to new home.
is new zealand part of the holy roman empire? :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Zeeland [1] was part of the Holy Roman Empire at some point, but I don't think New Zealand was.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
Hoodlum
i guess ill get started. all settled in to new home.
is new zealand part of the holy roman empire? :)

Awesome!! Super excited to see what you can do with this hood, keep us updated!
Eat my dust.
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
Not sure where hood is on this, I did a bit of thinking on capitals 2, 3, 4, 5 players
Holy Roman Empire - 2,3,4,5 player caps (click to show)
Eat my dust.
Rockbert wrote:
I can't wait to play this map, but I do have one concern I guess. There appear to be about 7 capitals that are touching each other throughout the map. Am I reading that wrong?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
My bad for not explaining. Each color circle is a different amount of players. I was just trying to be more efficient with not having to send 8 different images.

Green - 2
Red - 3
Blue - 4
Pink - 5
Eat my dust.