Battle for oil
  • 44 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
aeronautic wrote:
I don't like any of the Advertising versions.
The old signature was best.... nothing needed changing, that's why you weren't getting any more feedback.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
I was sure Blagoje would have liked and aeronautic wouldn't, but it was worth a try.

However I haven't uploaded any new Advertising version into the system, so we are just sticking with the last one approved.
I called it Previous but actually is the current one:
so-called Previous (i.e. current) (click to show)
100% view: https://i.ibb.co/NWjsZ66/Middle-East-054.jpg

The only small tweak to apply in my opinion is to reduce slightly the lenght of the dotted line between Sinai and Tabuk. Just like this:
small tweak Sinai...Tabuk (click to show)
100% view: https://i.ibb.co/NYfGWDM/Middle-East-065.jpg
It's a small thing that doesn't change much the whole look, but I feel better with that dotted line being shorter.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Just noticed one thing, the 2 Bonus for the red region could be mistaken for the 6 Bonus region, it needs to lie directly central in the Persian Gulf, to only touch everything equally.
The shorter connection line is better.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Aero.

So in short, I move the number 2 referring to the red region slightly to the right, and maybe a very tiny bit upward. Right? Just to be sure that I got it the right way.
aeronautic wrote:
Yes as neutrally central as possible.

You could make the numbers quite smaller as well.
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, here we are! Sorry this small change took me a while..
Apart a few tournaments I'm not being much active recently.

Current (65) (click to show)
100% view: https://i.ibb.co/NYfGWDM/Middle-East-065.jpg

Smaller numbers (66) (click to show)
100% view: https://i.ibb.co/7SMt3gx/Middle-East-066.jpg
Virtuosity98 wrote:
It is a beautiful and interesting map! I haven't been able to follow its development recently, sorry!
The smaller numbers on the minimap is definitely an improvement :thumbs:

Two suggestions:
Increase the size of the Sinai/Jordan border to make it clearer that the two are adjacent (even if this sacrifices a bit of accuracy, I think it is needed).
Personally I am not too much a fan of the oil symbols. They are acceptable, and if others like them then I am fine with them, but I just don't think they look as sleek and polished as this site usually requires. Just an opinion :)

I love the map, such attention to detail!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

farspaceplace wrote:
Have to agree with Virt there. The Sinai/Jordan is much to ambigius. Maybe cut a little chunk of south Israel or move Jordan a little more south into Tabuk. Yes may meddle with real world borders as said, but isnt the occasionally historical sacrifice worth it, if it improves gameplay?
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. That border is not real, it's already a bit cheated. Drawing a bridge could be a convenient solution ?
Maybe I could have a different idea for the oil symbols. I'll wait September for any tries because I'm really busy this month sorry.
aghast11 wrote:
When is this map going to be available to basic members for creating new games?

sfclimbers wrote:
Another vote for a more obvious border between Sinai and Jordan. I had to search this forum to find an answer before committing to a move. Great map.
The_Bishop wrote:
The greatest request is for a more intuitive border between Sinai and Jordan.
Like this I think it's okay (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
That light green colour in the South perhaps isn't right.
I'm getting the feeling it needs to be desaturated a lil bit.