• 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Hoodlum wrote:
Gold Coast
Hoods hood.
had some good test games on it. i like it.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
The colour scheme kind of reminds me of the New York & San Francisco maps, vibrant.
I'm not too keen on the font or rather the fact that it looks pixelated (at 100%), as if it was enlarged. It makes some labels and letters look blurred.
It might be worth trying a different font that is sharper at that size.

Also, why not go for a more Aussie style map frame??
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
farspaceplace wrote:
So...what tert do u live in Hood? Personally i like the Advanced Town area, but also seems to possibly be an off grid area, to far away from the town, according to the map? If it is a 20 -30 mins drive to the center - no problem.
Hoodlum wrote:
i live in the light blue region. 
I've been living on the Gold Coast for bout 10 years, but travelled outta town for work, so still slowly getting familiar with the inlands, but the map helps. partly a reason i wanted to do it..
advance town was the most intriguing part of making this. I knew about there being a Dam those ways, but didn't realize there was that much lake water..i have yet to take a drive there, and it's only about 30 minutes from my place, says google maps :) 

computer is a bit slow atm for making maps.. will get around to editing the font/frame
dough_boy wrote:
That land bridge there seems a little goofy. Do they need to connect? It isn't that far to go around. But another beautiful map by Hood.
aeronautic wrote:
The land bridges could do with being reduced in size, because in places the they eliminate the rivers from scene, creating no intuitiveness.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
i've reduced the bridges sizes. that bridge coomera/helensvale is the main bridge of the gold coast that's the main reason it's there.
i doubled up a layer on the labels..wondering if it makes a difference in the pixelation.
i couldn't find an alternative australia style frame that suited.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
dough_boy wrote:
For the one land bridge that is shared, could the line be more blurred and not so sharp?

Only other comment is you lose sight of the river north of the mountains be nerang. Could the river run from gilston along the mountains? Right not it looks like it goes under (probably is snaking through in real life).

But I think it looks good.
Hoodlum wrote:
shared?

are you meaning coomera/helensvale landbridge , there is another shared one carrara/nerang.

less sharp landbridge (click to show)

i'm not sure i can pull off the river through the mountains..as i did try it before.
aeronautic wrote:
Rivers are impassable as well as mountains, so I suggest either moving the mountains slightly left and meandering the river around their bases, or having two columns of mountains with the river in between.
What we don't want to end up with is ambiguity on any impassables, I would personally prefer clarity for the ease of the game rather than perfection on geography or topography, which may require them to be left as they are.

For the bridges, I agree with dough_boy.
Simply over-spray (airbrush / paintbrush) a tiny bit of each colour into the other colour and you'll have a gradient rather than an abrupt colour change.
Hoodlum wrote:
latest edit. river thru mounts - different bridges

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

game 941146 view
aeronautic wrote:
My one concern with this map is the Gilston - Advance Town Lake connection. It is not as intuitive as it could be.
The same applies to the Advance Town Lake - Advance Town connection.

My suggestion is to lower the lake crests at the point where they touch the border lines, to display more of a border line.
Advance Town Lake is a tricky territory by shape and connection, so it may cause confusion.
Hoodlum wrote:
lake crest edit (click to show)
100% view
dough_boy wrote:
A little sad that the only trees in this area are relegated to a few territories. :)

Should Currumbin Waters and Currumbin Valley have a connector?