fixes
  • 33 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
aeronautic wrote:
Brought Forward:
Hoodlum
i gave it a go. it was harder than i thought because the existing ones have shadows already. plus the sprite thing doesn't leave much space to add more pixel space for outer shadow. unless aero has the original circle layers, without shadows, it might be a painful task., but aero might know a better way.
i started from scratch
Spoiler (click to show)

I don't have the original Photoshop KIT for circles, so I too would have to remake them, but they look really good Hood.... the only problem is, they are a JPG and need to be a Transparent PNG.
I don't think you need the bottom left "Neutral Attacking" image, that's why it was missing on the original sprite.
Also, they will have to be spaced identically and all gap-pixels counted & stated, as well as the total size of each circle type including the shadow stated for the programmers to know the start point, parameters & coordinates.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
tinypic site seems to convert everything to jpg, or gives it that extension, but i usually upload everything as png. it's transparent, so i dunno what it actually is, after the upload, lol. i tried to get the spacing all accurate using grids.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
email it to me as a transparent PNG and I'll list the coordinates and upload it to my server.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
If you have to make the circles larger, that is a possibility, but it would require some code changes to make sure everything is drawn in the right place, so I'd rather keep them the same size.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
If you redid the inner circles as well, are they changed even a slight little bit? Because in that case, you should redo the one without capitals as well. We want them to be the same.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Testing current circles, please ignore this Spoiler.

Current Circles (click to show)
The only way to get the Transparent PNG from online into your graphics program is to Save As (each image), then once saved to your computer, open them in your program.

Thanks for the email attachment Hood, I'll test the sizes tomorrow.
We have to have 2 sets of circles at 2 sizes (Standard, Caps, Reduced Standard & Reduced Caps) and at a maximum total size of the current circles.
aeronautic wrote:
Hood has done a really good job of remaking them.
They are 1 pixel bigger [image] and the coloured circle & white circle are the same size... can you work with changing the parameters and coordinates from the sprite?

The reason I ask is, Hood has utilised every pixel internally and the extra pixel is the new outer shadow, if I remade them, I would have the same dilemma, which I will have when making the smaller ones.
Cireon wrote:
I think we can change it, but we have to regenerate some of our code.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
I have redone the circles, Standard & Small, incorporating the new extra colours.
I fixed the double thick white circle on the first small green circle.
The Standard Capital dimensions are now 36px X 36px.
The Small Capital dimensions are now 32px X 32px.
No Gaps and both sprite's circles start at x=0 y=0
[image]
[image]
Thorpe wrote:
Ok so two things fixed..
another cap problem with 5 players
Spoiler (click to show)
During game play with a couple of games the cap in the very right has a huge dis-advantage and all the other caps can get bonus without getting blocked in but that one. The bottom left can get a bonus and has only two places that they have to defend and easy to keep. I think these needs to be changed.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

all internal solution. disadvantaged one would be Pedernales, having 2 paths out, while the others have 3
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Thorpe wrote:
a lot better! Nice Hoodlum.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
aeronautic wrote:
I tried changing the 5p Cap positions to Hood's suggestion, but all the Cap's on this map are showing errors.
I have changed the 5p Cap's to some different territories temporarily until the errors can be found and solved.
There may be problems with Capitals games on a couple of maps, please be patient, the staff know and are trying to resolve them.
aeronautic wrote:
@Cireon
I have redone the small Capital circles, I wasn't happy with the whiteness of the new colour's white circles.
Refresh & re-save.

I have also made the normal small circles with the new colours, so all sprites now have the complete range of colours.

The Normal Small & Large circle sprites images start at x=1 y=1 with gaps of 2px
The Capitals Small & Large circle sprites images start at x=0 y=0 with gaps of 0px

The Normal Large dimensions are still 34px X 34px.
The Normal Small dimensions are still 30px X 30px.

The Capitals Large dimensions are now 36px X 36px.
The Capitals Small dimensions are now 32px X 32px.

See next post for all 4 up-to-date sprites.
aeronautic wrote:
I noticed that the original normal small circles had the Fog circle slightly offset to the left.
This was actually the same size as the other small circles and so it lost some of it's shadow, therefore, I have repositioned it and added the missing shadow.

Below are the 4 sprites complete and updated.
All 4 sprites (click to show)