fixes
  • 33 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Thorpe wrote:
First one I have question on...
[image]
For me Brunei* looks to be part of Sabah and Sarawak and is not "independent", same as Timor-Leste* looks like it belongs to all of the rest of green.

Plus the * on their names does not match the names on the mini-map.

If they belong to those regions they should not be called independent cause they belong to a group of territories that make up a region.

How about just changing the wording "Extra +2 for holding all three states"
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
Thanks thorpe. Psymon helped me a with my first map, especially the bonus part and trying to keep things according to geography/accuracy.
Brunei, Singapore & Timor-Leste are independent states, but they belong to other regions on this map also. I can see how independent wording can be a confusion. psymon may have the final source file, i've had a few hard drive crashes since lol, but I have made an edit attempt for the feedback, if the cartography team thinks it needs to be addressed.

original (click to show)

edit (click to show)

100% view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
A few other mentions i might as well post on this thread.

Australasia
grammar
bugs me. I still don't know where the apostrophe goes "+1 Bonus for owning both Papuas'
anyone know? reference

Eastern Asia
nitpick
Border line gap at the frame part of S.W. Russia/ S. Russia
reference

no source fix

Westeros
colour
Not sure if the site had capitals when this map came out, but it's hard to see capitals in the white area. Check game 846662
i think this has been mentioned before but thorpe was inactive at time, and no source file.

Matty wrote:
Hoodlum
Westeros
colour
Not sure if the site had capitals when this map came out, but it's hard to see capitals in the white area. Check game 846662
i think this has been mentioned before but thorpe was inactive at time, and no source file.
Maybe the solution here is to add a very slight shadow to the capital circle?
The normal territory circles already have a shadow, but the capital haven't.

See https://dominating12.com/assets/img/territories/normal-large.png and https://dominating12.com/assets/img/territories/caps-large.png
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
I do not have the source file on any maps ...different CPU
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Here is another map that has a problem with 4 Player Caps. 
If I had taken the whole region in the "Northwest" region I still have two ways out from my cap and the rest have only one way if they take thiers.
dough_boy wrote:
I think the only solve for that would be to make the DKK cap be on ZF and the West Coast cap be on Overberg (to keep spacing and only provide one exit each.
aeronautic wrote:
Before I continue: I don't like the maps all being fixed from flat versions. If a map gets a few amendments and something happens to the images on the site, we will not have the changes on the Source File and would have to redo them all (if we remember what they were).
All map makers must send a copy of the final source file to Fendi when a map goes live. This way, there is always a copy of the source file when a map or map maker / author is not available.

East Indies
The fix is fine, you can overwrite this one Hood.

Australasia
An Apostrophe is normally used on an "s" to state "belonging to" and goes before the "s", unless the word is already plural or it's a name ending in "s", then the apostrophe goes after the "s" (e.g. Peter Jenkins' new car.... I have filled the dogs' bowls) , but I think in this case it's the Plural of the two Papua territories, so it doesn't even need an apostrophe.

Eastern Asia
Yes, it should be fixed, but because both pntbttr and Leedog are no longer active here, I doubt we'll get the source file there. Perhaps Fendi has a copy? I'll ask.

Westeros
If there is no source at all, as Thorpe has stated, then the site (flat image) becomes the master, so we can put a temp fix on this by spraying some darker white around circle placement to show up the Cap circle.

South Africa
I am all for fairness, so if we move the northern 4p Cap to stop it from exiting 2 ways (reducing chances of being blocked), we now make it easier to kill the western 4p Cap.... it's a compromise and I suggest we leave it as it is.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
aeronautic
a temp fix on this by spraying some darker white around circle placement to show up the Cap circle.
Maybe it's better to change the capital circle image by giving it a small shadow instead?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
aeronautic
All map makers must send a copy of the final source file to Fendi when a map goes live.
Does this then mean the source files are stored with the site files? Just wanted to make sure that they aren't now stored at a single point of failure...
Cireon wrote:
They are not stored on the web server as far as I am aware.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
I know Vexer has some of my maps or did
aeronautic wrote:
Does this then mean the source files are stored with the site files? Just wanted to make sure that they aren't now stored at a single point of failure...
They are held on our personal computers and external hard drives.

Maybe it's better to change the capital circle image by giving it a small shadow instead?
Yes, the other way would only be a temp fix.
Rather than mess with the image, it's probably better to wait for you guys to do it.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
aero, would you be able to update the capitals image to have a shadow? We can replace it easily.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
i gave it a go. it was harder than i thought because the existing ones have shadows already. plus the sprite thing doesn't leave much space to add more pixel space for outer shadow. unless aero has the original circle layers, without shadows, it might be a painful task., but aero might know a better way.
i started from scratch
Spoiler (click to show)