Started this map in 2014
  • 31 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Hoodlum wrote:
The theme is very good.
I like the gloomy feel of the map but the new colour attempts have lessened that feel for me.
You need to find a way to keep it grubby and clean at the same time if that makes sense. Keep messing around with the right colour pallet.
I think to clean it up, is to sort out the Outline/Border/Territory line sizes. All those lines look to be the same size.
How far along is the gameplay for the map? I notice two spy planes, two airborne and two bristol labels.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Thorpe wrote:
LOL I never looked at the spy planes and airborne...been years when I did it.

Re-learning how and what to do..... thanks
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Fixed the names
fixed Fendi spots
Fixed the lines
Changed the colors
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
other things to work on.

width is 1022.

there's still the 4 corner issue that Fendi pointed out. in Britanny region. (Loudeac/Saint Morala/Saint Malo/Loreef)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Thorpe wrote:
What is wrong with the width being 1022?
Fixed the 4 corner problem though
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
lighten the rivers
map changed to 1024 x 725
added bridges
darken all lines
 the regions lines stand out more
fixed missing pixels through out map

Thorpe wrote:
Hoodlum helped me see the light....Thank you hoodlum for your work and adding so much to the look of the map.
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Ok fixed some of the spots and now need to know what else.
aeronautic wrote:
Previous Demo (click to show)
100% view
Latest Demo (click to show)
100% view

This map was started back when our procedures were different.
The reason I haven't given permission for this map to continue is that I feel the game-play & set-up stage was overlooked or rushed.
After many amendments, there are still a lot of label & border issues.
The look of the map is definitely a lot better, but graphics should always come after the rest is set up.

I think it would be best to start with a blank map and present the borders & labels and connections to discuss and amend (with very basic colouring).
On fictional maps, the label names aren't important, but on Geographic Maps, they have to be accurate with a little compromise for game-play and location priority.
If the set-up goes well and the map shows real potential & interest, then you should add the look and feel of the Latest Demo.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Or did you want it down more?
aeronautic wrote:
That's fine.

Let's just start with the UK.
At this scale, the visible map has 100+ cities & towns and the borders of those used are incorrect.
It is usually better to use Counties or Boroughs at this scale.
Wales' actual counties have changed from 8 to 22 recently (for bias voting reasons), so it's best to use the old counties 1944.
For reference:
I have added the southern UK counties map with one amended county in Wales: West, Mid & South Glamorgan have been merged into Glamorgan.
I have also added a Southern England counties map.
[image][image]

Use the references for accurate county names & borders and decide with discussion, which ones have to be compromised for game-play or alter the game-play to suit the accurate counties.

Your current dimensions of both UK & France are compressed (squashed), they need to be corrected.

*Note: "Channel" spelling.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Thorpe wrote:
been looking for the bottom part of the map and I can not find one for that time frame...so where can I get one? Got the one from Leedog way back when