map creation
  • 53 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
I didn't read incorrectly or misinterpret.
This line...
Change it if it's really easy to do, otherwise leave it as it is.
was directed to Hoodlum and it implies that he may have already flattened the layers where the Label is now part of the Sea Background. If that is the case, this would be a complete remake of the background and sea labels, or many hours of retouching, which normally results in an anomaly in the Background.
However, I will rephrase the comment:
@Hoodlum, if it hasn't been flattened change the sea label when you can, but otherwise, leave it for now until you have a large gap in your time to remake the sea background and the labels.

Take that Conquer Club.... it's not a missing connection, but even small details matter to D12 ! :D
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

i dont have the source file anymore, it was one of the few i lost on a damaged computer. i have however attempted to try and change that area with some pixel grabs and font and a few tricks.

the word SEA is the original,,so just tried to match up IONIAN to match it
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Woh great! I mean, I'm not a graphic guy, and my current screen isn't much good, but it seems excellent to me. The repair is unnoticable.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
spacecowboy wrote:
Playing my first game on this map. I noticed Chlos and Ionia are almost touching yet there is no sea connection.
dough_boy wrote:
Could say that about Locris and Achaia too. Just because they are close doesn't mean from a gameplay perspective that they need to be connected.
The_Bishop wrote:
Each map when played for the first time has some unintuitive connections. Some territories are close but not touching, however the adjacencies (or non-adjacencies) are clearly visible, just a bit of attention is required for the first 2-3 games.

I wonder rather why we have not yet uploaded the new image with the Ionian Sea correction.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein