map submission
  • 80 posts
  • Page 5 of 6
aeronautic wrote:
Perhaps tint it with more the colour of Texas?
For reference (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Anything a bit darker would be okay for me. But I don't see any other saying anything, so maybe it's only me.

And I report also a small mistake (and curiosity) on geographical names. I hope you don't find me annoying.
The territory "NW Territory" has as card "North West Territory", but the correct name of that region of Canada is "Northwest Territories".
"Northwest" is a single word and "Territories" is plural.

I had already reported this mistake for the World maps, including Double, thought in that case I suggested to keep it wrong, being a traditional mistake of Risk® boards. But for this map I think it would be better to have it correctly spelled.

More curiosity. The singular form "Northwest Territory" actually existed as a historical entity incorporated in the United States of America, when still in formation. It corresponds to the states around the Great Lakes area, nowadays part of what is called the Midwest.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
I changed the NW Territory to "Northwest Territories".

For reference (click to show)
colour edit east canada (click to show)

does this make a difference, look better? or maybe even darker?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh well, thanks Hood! Much appreciated.
I can distinguish that region better now, though I'm not enirely convinced on the colour tone. Maybe it should just be a slight more grey, less saturated.
And, well, thanks for fix Northwest Territories label.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I see a difference in the Quebec region colour, but the NW Territory label is still the same for me.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
sorry. forgot to fix the label on the actual image..had changed it only in the map editor (cards)

I tweaked the tone a bit again, not quite sure what you (bishop) are envisioning but this is what i came up with, trying to blend and balance with the other colours. in betweenish

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
If there are no known issues with this map, I will make it Active?
naathim wrote:
Congrats to Hood! Even though I haven't played it much, buy I love to look at it. Just a very beautiful creation!
aeronautic wrote:
I have made this map active.

Congrats on another great map Hood!
elysium5 wrote:
I have now played a number of games on this map and I have found no new issues. I am glad it is now active.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
UltrasPlot wrote:
The territory currently named Alabama does not contain Alabama, it only contains the state of Georgia. dunno if this can be fixed?
aeronautic wrote:
I will leave this for Hoodlum to check & confirm the suggested change, as he made this map and has the original layered map.
God_of_War wrote:
I read this thread. Why is Georgia called Alabama? Alabama is to the west of where Alabama is currently being called Alabama.

I domt recall Alabama shifting its entire state to the west and I believe Georgia was actually larger and gave their land to Alabama. 
Hi there!
God_of_War wrote:
What is labeled as Mississippi is MS and AL together.

Would love to see a map that shows common day Georgia being called Alabama. I may learn something j didn't know.
Hi there!