map submission
  • 80 posts
  • Page 3 of 6
Hoodlum wrote:
Yeah. it's weird with how Minnesota / Dakota, looks blurred after the drop shadow is behind it, and the other lines dont display the same. maybe there's a left over layer somewhere.

edit. yup. there was a territory and territory drop shadow still there, when it was a territory line

Min/Dakota border line match (click to show)

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Capitals attempt

2's (click to show)
Lateral, middle of the map from NW to SE so both capitals are visual - 8 movements.

3's (click to show)
Bottom of map where inset bonus values can be seen - 7 movements even ways

4's (click to show)
even 5 movements

5's (click to show)
Even 4 movements to at least 2 other capitals

6's (click to show)

7's (click to show)

8's (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
think there is a limit of 8 spoilers in a post

9's (click to show)
Even 3 movements to at least 2 other capitals

Can already spot some calculation mistakes in travel movement numbers, probably more ..in 
 7's - 8's

7's   3 path from Labrador cap to Greenland to Ellesmere Is. to Victoria Is. caps
8's   3 path from Labrador cap to Greenland to Ellesmere Is. to Victoria Is. caps

maybe can take out the connection from Ellesmere to Victoria..
PsymonStark wrote:
One of the main points of caps is that they have to be either all in borders or none in borders to be sure that either no one or everyone can get their region without trapping themselves... these don't follow the rule!
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
2-4 (click to show)
5-9 (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
Game-Play & Capitals is more the strength of Bishop, naathim & Psymon, so I'll leave that to them.

Graphically & Geographically, all the feedback seems to be dealt with, but there is still one thing which stands out as spoiling this otherwise beautiful map, the bonus values on the mini map seem unnecessarily over-sized.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Bonus numbers resized (click to show)
TheMachiavelli wrote:
Looking good Hood! Just a minor issue: I think the 4 on the arctic on the minimap is larger than the other minimap bonus numbers.
Hoodlum wrote:
having trouble with that one. its a big area, a smaller 4 gets camouflaged
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
I was checking the caps and was unsure if Coahuila and Mexico are connected. I'd say no, but make it clearer either way.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Yes, the mountain on the border of Mexico & Veracruz can be bigger so that it overlaps the border, but also touches a dark area between the two mountains above it. That will make it intuitive.

The shadow on the 4 bonus in the mini map, now makes that bonus stand out compared to the rest, so it would be better to paste the same layer style to each of the other bonus layers, making them all like the 4.

There is also a territory divider showing through the mountain on the border of Carolina & Alabama.

The tiny mountains in the Caribbean, should either be made less opaque or made bigger to overlap the top outline. They give a false impression as they are.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Also between Idaho and British Columbia there is something strange.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
Bonus number issue.. just copied the bottom 4 and pasted it north, so it's the exact.
fixed up, appachalian, mexico and rocky mountains boundry lines, hope it looks a bit clearer/intuitive. caribbean mountains less opaque

Spoiler (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Hood.

The Mexico mountains, still look like there's a Pass from Mexico to Coahuila

I haven't got time to go through a graphic example, so I'll describe.
The 2 mountains touching the Mexico / Veracruz territory divider are fine, but the little one behind them should be bigger to fill the gap more and not allow the look of a Pass/Open-Valley.