This is my rough draft
  • 26 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Cireon wrote:
Just so you are aware. You will probably have to remake this map entirely, because the map needs to be (at least) 1024 pixels wide. Also showing the troop bonuses like this is preferable not done; you should use a minimap instead.

For now I would focus on getting the gameplay right and wait for one of the Head Cartographers to approve this map before you make any progress on the graphics though. Just letting you know that you will need to make large graphical changes before this map is ready. For now, maybe it's easier if you just put the region bonus numbers inside the actual map to make it easier to judge the gameplay. :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
A region bonus of 1 is not much. Usually it's reserved for 2 territory regions. A region with 4 territories almost always has a +2 bonus.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
HammerTime wrote:
when i played at Conquer Club they had ancient greek map...it played very well imo..look forward to playing a D12 version of it.
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
aeronautic wrote:
Welcome back JS243!
It's always nice to see people with a passion for game maps and the demo you submitted in Post #1 & #2 is the sort of thing we like to see as a first post, but now only in the Map Suggestions thread. A Map Creation topic now only gets created if there is sufficient interest in the map and it is fitting to this site.

As Hoodlum pointed out, there are new systems in place for creating and developing a game map for D12. They were stringent before and just got a little more stringent. However, people with a passion for making a map as the best it can be will no doubt enjoy the challenge of meeting the new standards.

It is important that you read the amended DXII Guide to Map Making, it tells you everything that is expected of you to create and develop a map for D12.
Also see Example first post.

I am glad your West Indies map turned out good as a board game and would also welcome it back for online development, because it looked good and gained a lot of interest. If you do wish to develop it here, I will be happy to give my full assistance and helpful guidance throughout.
You are now no doubt aware that D12 has its own unique system and requirements and of course, all our maps have to keep to that system.
To help further, I will soon be uploading a Photoshop map layers demo' for map makers to see the easiest ways of layering them for editing? This allows you to keep up with the development requirements without too much drain on your free time. I will also be uploading some free resources for map makers to copy, paste and edit on their maps, such as ready made mountains of all different types. I must point out to everyone that these will all only be permitted for free use with D12 maps.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
There hasn't been any progress on this for a few months. I think I'm going to take a stab at it. Just a basic gameplay map to get the thing back on track. Probably won't be too much difference between what JS already has proposed, but some tweaks here and there with a sharper, easier to finish project.
Hoodlum wrote:
Dimensions reference map (click to show)

well I got bored now that Australasia is static. maybe this might be a good reference for ya naathim.

an even 1024 x 1024 - without distorting land placement
inset = 25%
room for a key - ports maybe
room for a small frame

don't expect it to be anywhere near this amount of territories (70), connecting it would be a challenge, which islands to use and what to do with regions. I used a few references without any specific time period, and did the biggish Islands as I saw them. just a reference.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
*complains about straight lines in a map like this*
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
well dont make em straight when you start the graphics psymon! :)
Hoodlum wrote:
oh..this is different than jbsr's suggest. forgot the surrounding areas. here's a one with a war theme http://imgur.com/EduZsUI