A map on rails!
  • 77 posts
  • Page 5 of 6
PsymonStark wrote:
I haven't had the opportunity to do anything in any case. In a bit of time changed and uploaded the naat's suggestion of making the colors less flashy and that's it.

@Naat, that would crowd the map a lot and make it more confusing. The amount of information of the map should be kept low as it's not the usual map.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
HammerTime wrote:
I for one love this map,i havent completed many games on it yet so i dont have much to go on yet as far as playability goes. I like the fact that its different from the other maps on site..find it a refreshing change. Imo this will be(for me anyway)a cap game favorite.

Awesome job PsymonStark
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
The_Bishop wrote:
I think it should be better shown with circles in the map browser, otherwise as it is it looks weird.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
definitely ^.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
The problem is, we can't upload the map image with circles on it as they are placed over the bare map via the Cartographer Panel as programmed positions and the Map Choice List in the Create Game uses an automated size reduction of the uploaded image.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
You can make a screenshot of the map with circles, and then hardcode an exception for just that image somewhere in the code.
It's an ugly solution, but it'll work.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
If you tell me the size, I send it to you via pm.
Matty wrote:
The normal size (it'll still be resized for display, as the resize factor might depend on the screen size). So same size as this one.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
It's changed for the map browser (the create a game page).
In the map browser Vexer once made it usess the thumbs version, but I'm unsure where else it is used.

On the turns pages (where you see your active games, or your game history) it uses the icon version. I guess I can just replace the picture for that one if you guys think that's nescessary.

Edit: He, the thumbs one already has the circles, nice.
PsymonStark wrote:
If it's not much work, it would be nice. Thanks for the fix ^^
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep it looks much better now in the map browser.

Nice gameplay, nice looking map. Let's fight on the Swiss mountains then! ;)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
What is the feedback on this map?

I will post my findings from test games soon.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Sorry Psymon, I'm so busy in my work life, I totally forgot this was still in Beta.

It has been a long time since I did the test games on this map and can't remember all the pros and cons, but I'm sure there were no major issues with this map.

It seemed to be enjoyable and suited to both Capitals and Deathmatch.

If there are no other objections, I would like to make this map live?
aeronautic wrote:
Switzerland is now Active, congrat's on another successful map Psymon.