A spread-sheet image of the troop division and neutrals
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
aeronautic wrote:
I have made an image from a spread-sheet that calculates the troop division and remaining neutrals for 2p - 9p on maps with between 24 & 128 territories.

Also shown are the non-permitted territory amounts.

By viewing this quick reference, map makers can decide how many territories will be best for their map and which amounts give the fairest and most evenly spread troop spawns.

The most optimum territory quantities appear to be 72 & 120.

Please do not post comments here, it is a resource / reference page.

I have remade the spread-sheet & image to account for 2p system.
Click refresh to see the new version.

Troops & Neutrals (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Nice job, but the amount of neutrals is much higher in 2p games and it is not a problem, really it's an interesting part of the game.

12 starting territories should be marked in red, it is something we want to avoid. 15 territories are a smaller problem but still not good. 18 or higher multiple of 3, I don't even mind about them.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I have remade the spread-sheet image and accounted for 2p system and as requested, put the relative 12's in red. They are only really applicable on the 'non permitted amounts' anyway.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.