now available
  • 17 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Vexer wrote:
Thanks to the hard work of The_Bishop, 9 player capital positions have been programmed for all the maps which means I was finally able to enable the creation of 9p capitals games. I only did this on the new create game page since we will be phasing out the old page soon.

On most of the maps 9p games will be quite crazy and mostly luck, but on on the bigger maps and perhaps with capped cards it could be quite interesting.

You can see which positions were chosen using the new create game page.
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=create_beta

Feel free to comment or make your own suggestions about the cap placements in this forum thread, and please thank The_Bishop. It takes a lot of hard mental labor to make them as fair as possible.
Cireon wrote:
Lol @ Saturn Capitals. That is just too silly. The Carribean is also a bit weird. Maybe the two most right capitals on the red continent should be moved to the right one territory, because right now those are really blocking a crossroads territory.

But yeah, well done Bishop!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Wow o_O, that must have been alot of work. Awesome Bishop!!!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
alee1227 wrote:
Thanks bishop

@cbt. You ready for a 9 player round of cbtpitals? Haha
cbt711 wrote:
Nice work Bishop l. From the solar system map and reviewing Balkan's caps, I know that was NOT easy. This will fun
PsymonStark wrote:
Yay, thanks Bishop... it has surely been a tough work :)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yeah it was a long job, I am glad to receive your thanks.
Feel free to comment on the placements if you don't like some of them.
Thanks Vexer for having implemented it!

----------------------------------

About Cireon's comment.

There is a second proposal on Saturn map:
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q700/Photo_Bishop/333_zps5fc949ed.png

The second is more accorded with the shape of the map. But in these small maps i basically considered, most of all, the distances scheme. Which means: everybody has 2 adjacent opponents. But I can change it at any moment if you want. Both placements are good for me.

And about the Caribbean map. What you say is true, I considered that. But I don't think is so bad in a "9 caps" game (in a small map) to have some paths blocked. The problem of these games is that they often go in a sudden ending, first kill = game over. Some paths blocked offers for sure more variety. By the way I am happy to have given every caps at least 2 opponents 2 hops distanced. And 2 regions free from caps is also good for game-play in my opinion. That is way I wouldn't move them.

Then, okay, 9 caps on Caribbean map... is a lottery for sure, whatever you place the caps! But if someone has some proposal for improving them so I am happy to change. Honestly I put my effort more on the largest maps. Personally I think Caribbean Double should be the smallest map to play 9 caps.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
And maybe like this? http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q785/PsymonStark7/Pseudoprojects/saturn_zpsb421006f.jpg

Two adjacent capitals for everyone, respecting the shape of the map.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, you reached the goal. Not bad Psymon, I had missed it.

It looks good to me, there's a certain equilibrium, mine seems weird in comparison, since if everybody agree we can change it.

I second Psymon proposal.
The_Bishop wrote:
EDIT: Looking better at Psymon's proposal... it is great!

I mean: the caps on the planet have 2 bordering opponents and 5 opponents 3 hops far; the caps on the ring have 2 bordering opponents as well and 2 opponents 2 hops far and 2 opponents 3 hops far.

If you sum all the distances from one cap to the other 8, then every one give 21 as result (except 3 that gives 22)... Almost perfect equilibrium!

In other maps I wouldn't like the caps divided into 3 clusters, but for Saturn map looks the most appropriate solution. I feel stupid to have missed it.

So, considering the criticism from Cireon, considering that I was in charge to decide the caps and I personally like Psymon's proposal and considering that probably nobody played it yet, so I would proceed for an immediate change.
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Psymon!
You drastically make an end of my glory!!