by Clarke
  • 21 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Clarke wrote:
On the caribbean map, if you have Moron and everything above, below, and to the right (16 territories) you get 7 bonus and can protect it all by one territory. The hard part is earning it all.... On my Austria, the 15 territories to the left of and including Leogang gives the same 7 bonus. Seems similar to me.

I really think I would like to play some beta games and see how it actually plays.

And BTW to all, I am sticking with Suisse. Let us drop it...LOL
cbt711 wrote:
Huge difference between this and Caribbean is you will start with twice the troops. To take that much of the Caribbean map you would have already won at that point. You have to take half the map for that bonus. Also most bonuses on that map are held by one territory. Your map, only those two regions can be held by one territory. So it's like an Australia on steroids. Just my two cents.
naathim wrote:
VIVA LA CONFOEDERATIO HELVETICA!!!

Although, you're not entirely right CBT. This would make a good two/three person match game. Like Caribbean. You can control Moron and stop it up and still not win. Yes that northern portion is more desirable because you gain Juve and have an extra bonus vs. you opponents, but it's still not a gimme that you've won.

That being said, I do feel like this map isn't balanced too well. Which is why I'd like to see beta style play on it. I'd imagine it'd just be like a bigger version of the Caribbean, make your games last more than five rounds lol. Leastwise that's how I see it being played, small number of players, longer game.
Clarke wrote:
I darkened it up believe it or not. But not sure went far enough. Shall I go darker or do we like it now?

That was the only real feedback that had not yet been addressed.

Here is the link:

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Richard_B_Clarke/media/D12%20Maps/Austria_zps0159df65.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
naathim wrote:
TOO DARK TOO DARK. Let's get some medium darkness going :P

I liked the original hue in the very first map you put up. It was just perfect. Wasn't it, or was I complaining about the original one? I agree the font now looks too dark.