New Map
  • 53 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
urgul wrote:
I'm not a big fan of that background.... and where are the connection lines?
Clarke wrote:
This is still a rough draft. No connection lines yet and only half labeled.

I think it looks better than the previous parchment.
Thorpe wrote:
DX11 Guide to Map Making
Forum Thread

Start a separate forum thread for your map. Post an image of your outline with a brief description about the theme and any special game play. You can use an image hosting service such as imageshack.us. You must be careful with the upload settings on hosting sites to make sure that they don't resize or recompress your image. We can't give useful feedback unless we see the map at it's proper resolution and quality.

These are the two main people that have to see this map:

Head Cartographer: Fendi
Assistant Cartographer: Thorpe

Please post this with a different hosting service.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Clarke wrote:
Okay I opened a photobucket account. Most up to date Hawaii map is here:

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Richard_B_Clarke/media/D12%20Maps/HawaiiV_zps3d72821e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Please provide notes/edits required to move forward with this map.

THANKS!!!
Clarke wrote:
Please note: The image on there is smaller than full size. Click on the magnifying glass in the lower right hand corner to see it in full 1024 pixels width.
elysium5 wrote:
Hey, now I can see it, too! (You weren't the only one, Thorpe).
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Clarke wrote:
Any feedback for me yet on this?

PS: I know the territories have no texture, that will be next phase. Any other feedback?

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Richard_B_Clarke/media/D12%20Maps/HawaiiV_zps3d72821e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
lifeinpixels wrote:
Actually the lack of texture is my favorite part. I'm not a huge fan of the new background (or vignette) either, probably because it doesn't match the territories. Could you make it simpler?
Matty wrote:
The territory border in the white regions look bolder than the rest.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarke wrote:
Okay so a new "simpler background" and try to make borders consistent. Got it!
Crystal wrote:
I like the style of this map. but I would remove the mini map, adding a small table of bonuses
Clarke wrote:
Crystal, what do you mean? Is there a map with an example of what you are referring to? I could eliminate the mini map and put a red number somewhere near the island itself to show the bonus...
lifeinpixels wrote:
You would make a small table with the color red, and the red bonus next to it, etc. Usually it's frowned upon because, though it is much more concise, it takes longer to read. But it might be better in your map.

Edit: you should read this thread for bit of info about the mini map.
Matty wrote:
I would not do a table, I would do a minimap.
But it could really use a border around it or sometihng, as it should be really clear what part is minimap, and what part is normal map :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarke wrote:
Okay Matty good tip. Will consider that advice. THANKS!