New Map
  • 53 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
lifeinpixels wrote:
Looking a little closer and comparing this with your original map, I think the issue I'm detecting isn't with the background itself but more of a lack of contrast. If you add your border back, and enlarge the text a bit, that might help. Or maybe an ever-so-slight vignette on the background.

I'm no expert though, so I'm interested to hear what other users have to say as well.
Clarke wrote:
I had no idea what a "vignette" was. I googled it and found some cool stuff. I will play with it and see how a border on the islands look...

Thorpe wrote:
Somebody needs to help me with this...the link does not work for me...I use Firefox and I can not see any of your maps.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
Clarke, perhaps you could put that file onto photobucket or imageshack for thorpe?
Matty wrote:
@Thorpe: try this one:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_toaBLQPd1FX0g2OU1FOXIyR3c

if that doesn't work, try updating your browser:
Go to HELP - then go to ABOUT FIREFOX - then click CHECK FOR UPDATES

If you did that and it doesnt work, send me a screenshot of what you see at those links - this should work in all decent browsers (you know, not IE 8).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
lifeinpixels wrote:
Maybe he needs to be signed into a google account to see the image on google drive... is that a possibility?
Clarke wrote:
It is simply a jpg saved on my google drive. I think you need a google login to view it maybe???
Thorpe wrote:
The maps should be for all to see and not for me to try to get it or sign-up for stuff I never use.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
You don't need to be signed in to view it - I wasn't.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarke wrote:

I changed the background per LifeInPixels request and I increased the font of the territory labels from 9 to 10 per Urgul request?

Here is updated version: