Unfair with Snug Cap
  • 30 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
HammerTime wrote:
post #15 (click to show)

This is the reason why I won't play 4 player on this map.. Getting GT is pretty much guaranteed lose.I have also said for a long time with other players an a few of the mappers,that this map needs the connections changed and/or different cap location.

U got my vote Hoodlum.
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
HammerTime wrote:
I've wondered what it would be like if you took the connection away from Mattheu to Guantanamo, so that Jamaica has one way in an out like the others.
aeronautic wrote:
Beside it being a bit of a spider's web I like that the game is more even. Up until now, the drop pretty much determines your chances of winning/losing, as you get outgrown too quickly. However, I can't see all the veterans of this map accepting connection changes.
This is one of the site's stalwarts and it even looks less aesthetic when the connections are changed.... not the style or finesse... the amount. The current connections kind of disappear into the background because they are few & we've seen them so often and new ones appear to dominate the centre of the map making it like a wheel with spokes.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
yup agree. popular map and only premium map, and it should remain the same., maybe another optional map (prem) with a different but same look, new name (Caribbean Reconnected?) ..and hopefully it can be displayed without it looking like a spiderweb or just a better connections idea to make a 4 player game fair..could be another prem treat. only if there is interest of course. just 4 players seems the popular setting choice and I know I quite like them except for getting bahamas :).
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Now that would be the way I would introduce connection changes.... make an alternative version of the map and have it as a choice of something like Caribbean Capital Map or Caribbean + or Caribbean 2 or something that distinguishes it and/or says it's suitability???
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
HammerTime wrote:
Now that's a great idea Hood... 2 thumbs up!!...this has always been my favorite small map an definitely my favorite cap map.
HammerTime wrote:
That's interesting to aeron..a map designed like a wheel with spokes ..a center hub that all areas have to go through in order to get anywhere else on the map..could get interesting with fog :).
aeronautic wrote:
That's Saturn HammerTime. ;)
Sygmassacre wrote:
Feel free to make another map that plays like Caribbean but with different connections. Just don't make it a map of the Caribbean and call it anything Caribbean as this map is a sentimental favourite of many of us and has its own uniqueness that no other map can compare to. We already have a double version of it so I don't see any need for a third version. Just like the game of risk itself Caribbean has its frustrations and joys inherent in its gameplay, and just like risk we choose to play on it because of this.

The spokes idea would probably be tragic as all would just park next to the centre and build which would make for and endless game
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
HammerTime wrote:
aeronautic
That's Saturn HammerTime. ;)
Lmao aeron :)..after I posted ,I thought the same thing..an knew u would post that ...ha-ha
Hoodlum wrote:
This has sparked my interest because for 1, it's a very popular map. 4 players is a popular setting, and I've had to moderate
games on it recently..the same issue about 3 times within 3 days. Players sitting on Moron, denying cards, trying to draw out a growth win, but frustrated
players not accepting defeat and clearly suiciding taken them both out and the weakest player ends up winning.
At this point of the game, players have invested time into it and playing to win, long enough already probably. I know that if I do
this card move block for more than one round, I can expect and accept to be attacked.

There was a case of an experienced player that would play these settings with noobs and regularly request points back for the same scenario all the time.
The suicide is very clear, and after a while it became tedious moderating this players same complaint. So when it comes to this map, I have a different
perspective for this scenario. I won't second a report for suicide, if a player hogs Moron for multiple consecutive rounds he won't get his points back from me.

Only because this map and also this setting is very popular, that we should probably consider an alternative connection/capitals for 4 players. not a replacement map.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Alternative suggestion:
Spoiler (click to show)

I cannot see really why people don't chose another map for that setting. Caribbean is 2 or 3 players for me.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Sygmassacre wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that it changes the map from what it was intended to be by its creators and that apart from Classic this map has been a training ground for a lot of us and had to be made premium because it was becoming the most popular map to play on and the site was trying to encourage players to play other maps. Even though it causes many complaints when someone parks on Moron, the more you play, the more you work out different strategies through these experiences which helps develop the necessary thought processes to be used in the game of risk.

But I suppose that as long as we are still able to play all settings on the current map then it can't really hurt to have one for variety's sake
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
SpamFree wrote:
I agree with Sygmassacre that the map is what it is and should remain so.

I also very much agree with Hoodlum's thoughts on Moron parking.

I would be very much in agreement with Hoodlum's suggestion of a [b]new alternate map[/b] :thumbs:
I like both, Hoodlum's and The_Bishop's layouts ;)

I am usually on board with anything that gives more options:thumbs:

cbt711 wrote:
It's really easy, go back to 3 player caps games on this map, or play 4 player on Panama or Anchor Bay. Both are great 4P caps maps. Caribbean is a terrible 4P caps map. Always has been, you gamble joining it and when you get north drop you know dang well you lost your gamble.

100% with Vexer on this.