the rigth/duty to turn in is just with 5 or more cards, isn't true?
  • 303 posts
  • Page 14 of 21
Cireon wrote:
Well Bishop, it is not about just flicking a switch. We had a longer discussion about it and yes, it will become an option, but it needs some work to make it an option in such a way that it doesn't add any confusion (or at least minimal) and for that, once again, we - as programmers - need time.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
The_Bishop wrote:
Cireon, sorry I had under evaluated the job!
I will wait patiently "_"

I forgot to say THANKS. I appreciate the effort to get everybody happy!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Axobongo wrote:
dammit!!, if its to be the 'old rule' can it at least be limited to 'INCREASING' games and not capped??

* PS, ''if it aint broke, dont 'fix' it!!"
elysium5 wrote:
Axobongo, you really need to actually read the thread. You will be able to play both types of games.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
Axobongo wrote:
 BTW , fortune sometimes gives a 3 card set when you are sure to die on the next turn, and getting another set is all you got to gamble on , i pity us fools who cant then use them, now they have to stay and defend a sure loss, because there is no reason to dare a conquest for cards,,
We have weeded out a factor that helps the underdog, and a factor of excitement,and are forced to use new strategies and if we become a sitting duck, we stay a sitting duck, we are minus a strategy factor,, ugh,, i cant see any good in this for capped capital games especially,,

its a rule more tailored for classic risk, classic map, and increasing reinforcement setting .
Axobongo wrote:
PS, true elysium, i had read it awhile ago,, not sure i can say i remember all the details.
Axobongo wrote:
so A as an option and password ? it should be B as an option!!
B is the change to the majority , the majority will be torn
B is more appropriate for Increasing games than capped

Axobongo wrote:
i highly recommend B. becomes the optional/password one, as this change will likely upset many new players to D12 , and its probably more desired by the hardcore longtime members than the majority , why make waves?
The experienced D12er who this rule most likely appeals to already does more password games.

I would say make B. an optional rule and as a beta trial
Thorpe wrote:
One thing you have forgot is the rule that you are playing with now is a "Beta Trial" and it has caused a lot more ( - ) than ( + ).
 Us hardcore longtime members know what the difference is in now, with the game-play and strategy, and what it was... the changes that does not weigh in keeping this change...so we will be going back to the standard rules of "Risk":

Must have 5 cards to trade-in after a kill...but you can still do a double trade-in after a kill.

F.Y.I. this is what the rule all the other sites use.

If you want easy kills or help when you make yourself the underdog the "POGO" site is for you...lol

Think of it as chess...with one wrong move you cause yourself to lose. You have to use more strategy then luck. I think that is what D12 game-play should be like...less luck and more strategy.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
Once in this site games were based on strategy, now on gambles!! LOL

It's just yesterday that I accused a player to play like a gambler and today everybody is using this word to explain his own moves (bad moves!) Sorry Axo, this is exactly what we all don't want and this is the reason why we are going back to the normal rule.

By the way the alternate rule we have now, has some points in its favor, and also the newer players have started with this one, since the site decided to give us the possibility to have an option. But it's just a miracle, because there was a strong opposition against having an option!

F.I.Y. the rule we have now is the rule of the first edition of Risk (United States 1959), the rule was changed only 4 years later. Probably they realized it was wrong or too much based on luck.
Axobongo wrote:
why was the rule changed on this site ? There must have been some good reasons,,

i have Only in my life played the current rule, you win a set, you get to use them.

i am sure most people here will get frustrated that the game will go different instead of an option for it , as its more apt for the 'classic map deathmatch' it was designed for.

it seems to me only some elite and old timers remember that 'old' rule fondly , and mainly from this site, tho some have said its the rule they played with in the classic board game.. ( not me)

This rule change should be an option for the elitists, PleaSe don't pull a switch-eroo on us all , this is the D12 we know and love,,

i will be forced to oNLY play games i create, and some % of the population wont join over confusion of the ,, password requirement, or whatever ,,

''if it aint broke,, dont brake it''

Vexer wrote:
The only reason the rule was changed was because us old timers kept stalemating games. We would just build and build and no one would ever win.

But the change created a much larger problem than the one it fixed. It created the chance for very low probability wins. Ruined games increased because players did silly things like kill someone for one card. I'd rather have to find a moderator to cancel a stalemated game than have a win stolen from me by a suicider who gave the game away to the next player because they tried attacking 11 vs 17 on a capital just to get 1 card so that they could turn in for 20 troops. (see this post http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1379 ) So they ruin the game for a 0.05% chance of getting a set (15% chance of winning the attack times 33% chance of getting the color you needed to make a set.)

Changing the rule was a mistake I wish I never made. I've played more games under the new and the old rule than you have played total. You've never played with the old rule so you aren't really in a good position to judge.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not good for you. Time to eat your vegetables.
Matty wrote:
Lolz @ Vegetables.

There were some more reasons and good consequences too btw, but they were mostly for ppl that already know not to go for a low chance win.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Dferguson wrote:
So is teh old rule back into effect? need 5 or more cards to turn and can only turn once unless you have 8 + cards? If this has been officially please state so so i dont mess up my next game.
The_Bishop wrote:
No it is not, still nothing has been changed.

Plus the 'old' rule is different from what you said. You need 5 cards in order to turn in once, if you have more than 5 you can turn in as you want, twice or even thrice if you get 9 cards (rare). Anyway there are no limitation on what you can do when you have more then 5 cards.