If you can't beat the computer, you have no chance of beating me
  • 35 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Matty wrote:
I really like TurboRisk as well. Mostly because i just like risk and programming - its a very good way to start learning to write simple algorithms ;)

I published one AI, called Brainless IV. It used to beat Vexer, but then he was updated, and now i rarely win anymore - mainly because Vexer was getting ALOT better in killing other players.
I have a decent 2nd AI ready, for a fixed card game, but it needs some work and i never get to it anymore - too much other stuff to program these days :/

But its a very nice game to play, defenitely worth a download!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Matty you need to free up some time ...we could really use you on this site...an AI for this site? mmm...
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Lol, if i manage to free up some time, I could spend it on some other websites i promised to help with, but havent done anything on in the last 2 months.

So sorry ;-)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
lol
Soon then?  LOL

Just have fun for now!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
I hadn't played on turbo risk for a while but I played two games today...and Vexer you're right I think people should be able to beat Very Hard. It wasn't really that hard I just waited for people to get cards and get weak...
ThunderHunter wrote:
Oh yeah, the AI.
Will "Dominating 12" be supporting AI soon?

Gonna be difficult I guess, with al those varying rules.

Maybe we can port some of the Turbo Risk AI to this site?
Glanru wrote:
AI would have to be rewritten if it were to be added to the site. They would need to be more dynamic to include the ability to play well on multiple maps. Or, written specifically for each map. Either way, that would be quite a feat to get one that was any good.
Vexer wrote:
the main prob with AI on the site is that any AI worth playing would kill the server's CPU. Frank, Vexer, Australian09 and Descartes09 are very CPU intensive. The only good player who's code does not rely on knowledge about the world map is Vexer but it is also the most CPU intensive. wyrm and struggler could be ported but who's going to do it? That's a big project.
BrewDog wrote:
I am very new so please have some patience with me... My question... Do I need to beat Vexer on Turbo Risk if I have already beat him in real life? Muahahaha. 
Vexer wrote:
You haven't beaten me yet. plus you know i said that just to bring attention to the program.
BrewDog wrote:
I know both of these things to be true. I will change one of them in time.