If you can't beat the computer, you have no chance of beating me
  • 35 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
The_Bishop wrote:
I tried it! Just as an experiment because I don't like so much to play bots. Well Vexer-the-bot surprised me! He is strong, much more than the other bots, he is sharp as a human player. Really it can be a good trainer.
Congrats Vexer!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
greycouncil wrote:
Hi. I'm new, trying to improve, have downloaded and installed turborisk. I'm finding it a very hard opponent, but it's hard to figure out what I'm doing wrong. the rules in turborisk are different to the rules on this site as well as the rules in other risk games i've tried. the card turn ins are progressive for each player individually, not collectively.

is there still some point in playing turborisk, or is this old advice? is there a better way to improve?
Matty wrote:
The rules are slightly different, in turborisk making a kill early is even more important then here (with the increasing setting).
It will still help playing these AI's. You should be able to beat them on hard setting most of the time (always is very difficult).

I made a good basic tutorial as to what you should look for here.

Note that copying the strategy of the "Vexer AI bot" is not a bad idea, although getting an easy region is a good thing to do and that bot doesn't usually do it (trying for a hard to get region is not always smart).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
greycouncil wrote:
I ran a few simulations to try to figure out vexer-bot's strategy- the vexer AI doesn't get regions at all. it focuses on getting cards and increasing ctiv, then towards the end forces a win by having a much higher ctiv than other players (usually has double ctiv by end).

I've tried replicating it against other bots, but doesn't seem to work when ctiv is collectively progressive, as continent bonuses seem to be very powerful.

what am I missing?
Matty wrote:
The important thing is to kill other players as soon as it's worth it (IE: the troops you lose to kill a player is about equal to the troops you get from his cards).

Of course, once a player is worth killing, you should be ready for the kill. Hence the strategy to have a lot of troops on a few strategic points (territories).

Serious spoiler alert! This may spoil the turborisk game. (click to show)

Again, try to read this topic.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria