what do you think????
  • 18 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
1771 wrote:
i was recently talking to Vexer in a message praising him for amazing new map to the site, job well done brother. i think it is AWESOME and i personally thank you Vexer, and congratulate you at the same time! it's got to be pretty cool to make your own map and play it. plus, you done it out of your love for the game, i can always appreciate that.

anyway i was telling him about this option i play at home and figured i would see what everyone thought about it.

i got a killer option that i play at my own house on the board. me and my buddies made it up years ago. it's called the secret forces option. here's how it plays out, at the beginning of the game each player chooses one of the territories they have been dealt and secretly marks it. at my own home we would just write it on a piece of paper. on that territory that you have secretly selected you secretly have 14 troops waiting for someone to attack. let's say i have been giving w. austie at beginning of game, so before placing my men i chose w. austie for my secret forces. so i secretly have 14 more men than what is showing, say i have 3 guys showing really i would have 17. however i cant use them until they are attacked. so, e. austie decides to attack w. austie where my secret forces are located. as soon as they choose they are ambushed by the extra 14 they can stop fighting after they have atleast attacked once but they have to fight against the 14 atleast once. after the 14 has been exposed they can then on your next turn move freely as you other troops. i could take the 14 on w. austie my next turn and possibly wipe out whatever was on e. austie. it could also be played with capitals, which i would then personally either put them on my capital or real close to it. it's an excellent option and it is the way i play almost every board game.

i am fortunate enough to atleast get about 6 to 12 nights a year to actually play the board game because i still am close with my friends i grew up playing with, and i also have 2 older children 13 and 16 who both know how to play and 4 brothers that play. and every one of us like the game more with the secret forces option.
blockbuster19 wrote:
okay,i really like that idea.Only thing i slightly disagree with is capitals..i think you can still play that way,but,you can not have your secret 14 ON the capitals...it can be near it as you said but it would make the game very hard if you had so many on your capitals at the beginning of the game..one of the goals in capitals(my opinion)is to build your capital to a strong point...lets say you put your secret 14 on your capital and the other player didnt...and they were near each other.The first player could take out the other players capital and win easily..besides that,your idea is original and sounds fun.i just think you shouldnt be able to have your secret 14 directly on the capital :)
cody224 wrote:
I like it, it kinda reminds me of Capital games with Fog, but unlike capital games you wouldn't know where your enemy forces are located.

If "Secret Forces" doesn't work out,then instead of it being an independent game option we could modify it and put this as an option in Capital games. That way you can chose whether you want Capitals to be visiable or hidden.

Or make it an Independent option, and also put it in Capital games.
1771 wrote:
it adds many twists and strategies to the whole game.
blockbuster19 wrote:
yeah,i like it overall,just not COMPLETELY sure about capitals...but i am sure everone dissagrees with me,lol..but yes,i would like that to be a game option
Vexer wrote:
so this would be a game option that you could add to any game type much like fog of war. I also think that it would be cool if you could choose how many secret forces a player would get.
blockbuster19 wrote:
of course though,it could be up to like 30 secret fources...it would be too crazy if it was something like 200 at the beginning of the game!
Vexer wrote:
the point is that you can have the option to choose something reasonable or choose something crazy. people like options. if you choose some crazy number then no one will join the game.
1771 wrote:
we always just done 14 guys for some reason, 200 would be crazy, still sounds kinda fun though. i need to get more pieces and try it at home.
1771 wrote:
Yeah Vexer I was thinking just an option like fog, I would be willing to bet no other site has it neither, I like that too. Puts us even a step further than the rest :) I always did think more options, more maps, means more players on the battlefield.