• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jethro37 wrote:
Hey Folks,

My thought in the following rule is to allow team work to make more sense and be more effective. 

In that regard, I'd like to propose that if a player is attacking an ally AND the ally only has one troop on the territory, that should not be left to chance, but be an automatic win for the attacker.

It makes no sense for a player to lose multiple troops trying to mutually transfer a region to an ally. 

Note this still means the other player loses their single troop and territories so I don't see it as an overpowered change. 

I'd be glad to hear others' thoughts on the matter.

-Jethro
dough_boy wrote:
I disagree. It is a strategic decision to attempt to take a region bonus and shouldn’t just be handed over.

Further, what if the P has 3 territories you need? What if you are really just trying to get through to attack others, etc.
periwinkle wrote:
Yup...I would also disagree...it's part of the game...sometimes it's worth attacking a teammate, sometimes it isn't...that's the best part....strategizing and knowing when.
periwinkle is online.
Jethro37 wrote:
The strategy comes in being able to know when to weaken your position to allow a teammate to move in. The strategy comes in map positioning and coordinated territory captures by each time, not risking losing multiple troops just to claim a territory your side already controls.

I don't see many situations where a region is simply "handed over" there is another side opposing any team after all.

Why does it make sense for someone to lose troops moving into an area their ally controls?
Matty wrote:
Jethro37
Why does it make sense for someone to lose troops moving into an area their ally controls?
Because if the english and the french fight together against the germans and the italians, they still don't get to take each others colonies just like that. And when they try anyway, the people defending those colonies fight back against their 'allies'.

This actually happened btw.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria