• 27 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
jmirch wrote:
Hello fellow Dominating12 players,

I've recently created an extension that I think some folks on here might be interested in. The extension analyzes games and provides you with a chart that has the amount of troops each player has gained, total killed, total lost, your KD, and further breaks down by attacking and defending. Its open source too if you'd like to check out the code!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/risk-analysis-extension/mdndhijfmbcembmjeihdpafnmfkojhmg?hl=en-US

To use it, all you need to do is download the extension and go to the game you are playing. After a few seconds, a new tab in the bottom right will appear (next to Game Log and Notes. View screen shot in link above).

This all started while playing a lot of games with my friends who often would complain about the bad rolls they would get. I was curious to see how it all added up so I created a script which then turned into an extension which I have finally published so that all players can easily use it.

Hope you like it! Let me know if you have any feedback and I can try my best to address it.

Cheers,
jmirch
jmirch is online.
Mdhaglund wrote:
This seems really cool. I'll have to give it a try when I get home later today. Good work
Cireon wrote:
Wow, I love the creativity of people with adding all these tools. We've wanted to implement a version of this for a long time, but you beat us to it!

I hope that the extension is showing that the dice are actually fair!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
elysium5 wrote:
I'm going to pin this for now. It sounds good. It will be nice to hear some feedback.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
Great tool - works nice
it is nice to have such an insight into the table and a brief summary.
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
dough_boy wrote:
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null
   at runAnalysis (content.js:75)
   at main (content.js:168)

Could just be me.
jmirch wrote:
Thanks everyone!

@dough_boy Found the issue and just released a new version with the fix to be reviewed. Most likely will be published in a day or two from now.
jmirch is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Works fine for me, I really like it! Simple, readable, accurate :thumbs:
One thing I noticed is that since activating the extension the Game Log tab is the default tab opened when loading a game page (as opposed to Game Chat). Not necessarily a problem, but for me I prefer seeing the Game Chat first when I enter a lobby.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

dough_boy wrote:
Yeah...I noticed this too. For Team games it is supposed to default to Team Chat.
jmirch wrote:
Good to know! Already have a fix ready for those two. Will take a few days for versions to publish so I can submit a new version but should be able to get a fix out my early next week.
jmirch is online.
haloway13 wrote:

You rock!!!

jmirch
Hello fellow Dominating12 players,

I've recently created an extension that I think some folks on here might be interested in. The extension analyzes games and provides you with a chart that has the amount of troops each player has gained, total killed, total lost, your KD, and further breaks down by attacking and defending. Its open source too if you'd like to check out the code!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/risk-analysis-extension/mdndhijfmbcembmjeihdpafnmfkojhmg?hl=en-US

To use it, all you need to do is download the extension and go to the game you are playing. After a few seconds, a new tab in the bottom right will appear (next to Game Log and Notes. View screen shot in link above).

This all started while playing a lot of games with my friends who often would complain about the bad rolls they would get. I was curious to see how it all added up so I created a script which then turned into an extension which I have finally published so that all players can easily use it.

Hope you like it! Let me know if you have any feedback and I can try my best to address it.

Cheers,
jmirch
jmirch wrote:
Thank you!

By the way @dough_boy and @Virtuosity98, the newest update is now released and it should have fixed the default behavior of going to game/team chat on opening a game.

jmirch is online.
balladone1 wrote:
Thank you!

jmirch for putting together the risk analysis. This adds a lot to the strategy and gives us another way to prove that we have our lucky days and our unlucky ones!
JDB
elysium5 wrote:
I have to say, I have not tried it yet but the feedback so far seems positive and if this is a way players can track dice rolls to see their average, this is incredible indeed and something that the staff and programmers very much welcome so conspiracy theories can be put to rest and actual numbers can be demonstrated. Thank you for your work!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."