• 27 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
dough_boy wrote:
elysium5
I have to say, I have not tried it yet but the feedback so far seems positive and if this is a way players can track dice rolls to see their average, this is incredible indeed and something that the staff and programmers very much welcome so conspiracy theories can be put to rest and actual numbers can be demonstrated. Thank you for your work!

But it doesn't really do this. It just counts (after the fact) wins and losses. It doesn't account for the fact that you attacked 20 v 2 and lost 10 killing 2. Yes you lost 8 more, but it doesn't get into "dice rolling". It also doesn't get into 3v3 attacks, 3v2, 2v1, etc.

Also, there isn't really any explanation as to what I am looking at?

Troops Gained = Doesn't make sense
Killed = Assuming total killed
Lost = Assuming total lost
KD = Appears 1.00 is 50/50
Killed Attacking = Assuming total killed while attacking
Lost Attacking = Assuming total killed while attacking
Attack KD = Appears 1.00 is 50/50, would assume if the 66% holds true, everyone should be above 1.00
Killed Defending = Assuming how many your defense killed while being attacked
Lost Defending = Assuming how many your defense lost while being attacked
Defense KD = Appears 1.00 is 50/50, would assume should be less than one for everyone

dough_boy wrote:
elysium5
I have to say, I have not tried it yet but the feedback so far seems positive and if this is a way players can track dice rolls to see their average, this is incredible indeed and something that the staff and programmers very much welcome so conspiracy theories can be put to rest and actual numbers can be demonstrated. Thank you for your work!

But it doesn't really do this. It just counts (after the fact) wins and losses. It doesn't account for the fact that you attacked 20 v 2 and lost 10 killing 2. Yes you lost 8 more, but it doesn't get into "dice rolling". It also doesn't get into 3v3 attacks, 3v2, 2v1, etc.

Also, there isn't really any explanation as to what I am looking at?

Troops Gained = Doesn't make sense
Killed = Assuming total killed
Lost = Assuming total lost
KD = Appears 1.00 is 50/50
Killed Attacking = Assuming total killed while attacking
Lost Attacking = Assuming total killed while attacking
Attack KD = Appears 1.00 is 50/50, would assume if the 66% holds true, everyone should be above 1.00
Killed Defending = Assuming how many your defense killed while being attacked
Lost Defending = Assuming how many your defense lost while being attacked
Defense KD = Appears 1.00 is 50/50, would assume should be less than one for everyone

jmirch wrote:
Yeah unfortunately I haven't found a way to track the exact rolls of each player. Right now it basically uses the game log to gather stats, so its really quite limited in how much information I can put into the table.

Explanation of columns:
  • Troops gained - total amount of troops you have gotten, whether from area bonus or card turn ins.
  • KD - Stands for Kill-Death ratio, and is often used in shooter games. In this case its the Killed/Lost which give you a number. If this number is above 1, it means you've killed more than you've lost. Below 1 means you've lost more than you've killed.
  • Attack KD is your KD but just when you are attacking.
  • Defense KD is your KD but just when you are being attacked.
sfclimbers wrote:
Works great. And yeah, it really highlights when things have gone terribly, terribly wrong. Would be more telling if providing stats for all games played, rather than just one. And, I imagine that it affects the rations quite a bit if you're attacking from weakness all the time. But a fun addition :)

Game 1134460

Overall Kill Ratio
Gruduss 1.37
sfclimbers 0.47

Attack Kill Ratio
Gruduss 1.17
sfclimbers 0.43

Defense Kill Ratio
Gruduss 3.00
sfclimbers 0.53
dough_boy wrote:
Name Troops Gained Killed Lost KD Killed Attacking Lost Attacking Attack KD Killed Defending Lost Defending Defense KD
GM_Archiee 8 11 8 1.38 7 2 3.50 4 6 0.67
braveheart1 9 32 15 2.13 20 9 2.22 12 6 2.00
dough_boy 7 5 19 0.26 5 6 0.83 0 13 0
hooboy11 8 17 23 0.74 6 10 0.60 11 13 0.85

So...this is why people complain about dice. One person can have 6 and kill 3 territories not losing any, another person can have the same 6 and not kill anything.
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
So...this is why people complain about dice. One person can have 6 and kill 3 territories not losing any, another person can have the same 6 and not kill anything.
I formatted it for you, reads a little easier (in the bottom of the BBCode page you can easily format this as a table).

And boy, you were unlucky here :X

NameTroops GainedKilledLostKDKilled AttackingLost AttackingAttack KDKilled DefendingLost DefendingDefense KD
GM_Archiee81181.38723.50460.67
braveheart1932152.132092.221262.00
dough_boy75190.26560.830130
hooboy11817230.746100.6011130.85
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Thanks...and you ain't saying.

This is a perfect example. In 3 games against these guys this is how things have been going for us. One time I compared the exact same turns...both starting with 3. I killed 3, lost 5. The other guy killed 5, lost 1. Another example was my partner had 5, got 4 and wanted to kill 5 singles. I told him based on how the dice were going for us he would be lucky to get 3. He got his 3rd at 4-1 and stopped.

There was another game where my partner had over 25 and he went up against a bunch of singles. He lost 16. 16!
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow great tool with nice stats.
So we can see who was lucky and who wasn't.

Note: It really requires few seconds to be downloaded and (automatically) applied to your Chrome browser.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
jmirch wrote:
Thanks @The_Bishop!

Ive been releasing updates/fixes since I started working on it so it should hopefully be a little faster than it was before. If you see any issues or have any feedback, I'd love to hear it. I have some ideas for potential additions to it but will have to wait til I have a little more time again to work on it.
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, so here my 1-month-later feedback.

-- I would like 'Neutral' (gray) to stay always at the bottom of the list, because it is not a player and shouldn't be mixed with players in my opinion.

-- As the words used are 'Killed' and 'Lost' I would prefer the compound parameter to be called 'KL' (like Kuala Lumpur) rather than 'KD'. It would be more clear for me.

-- I would love if it's possible to join this project to another one worked by another user, so adding somewhere in the Analysis Tab a hyperlink to the Game History, using the app (Game Visualiser) created by Alunturner. With the last changes made every game's got its own URL in the Game Visualiser, so it would be just perfect in my opinion.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
weemart wrote:
i've installed it but can't work out hiw ti get any feedback as to my stats.
dough_boy wrote:
You see it in the game. Go to a game and down where all of the tabs are (like Game Chat, etc), you will see an Analyze button.

There is a glitch in it that if you ever have a turn where you attack that isn't successful and don't get a card, it breaks the tool.