• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
B4rny wrote:
Hi,

Can someone, preferably an admin, please clarify how the points are calculated in a 2player game?

In the game beneath, a General loses to a player who has played 13 games.
You'd think, the General will lose 29 rating points, but no, he just loses 18. How is that possible?
If 2 players have the same amount of points, the winner gets 20 rating points, the loser loses 20 rating points.
If you have more rating points than your opponent, and you lose, you lose more than 20 points.

So in this case: The newbie should have more rating points than the General? That is not possible.

This is not the first I see this.

https://dominating12.com/game/1090970
elysium5 wrote:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
B4rny wrote:
Elysium, I know that.

But it doesn't make any sense.

Let's use names here:

Joey, General: about 5400 points.
Kendilcave, new player, about 1000 points.

Average points: (5400+1000)/2 = 3200

Formula: (losers points/average points of all players)*20

Gives: (5400/3200)*20 = 33,75. But this is limited to 29 in a 2 player game.

So I dont understand why Joey loses only 18 points here, and not 29.
And second, why is this not questioned here? This is not the first time I see Joey losing less points than he should.
Something must be wrong in the formula.
Cireon wrote:
In 2 player games you can only lose 3 times as many points as you would have won.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
B4rny wrote:
Really? I didn't know that. Thank you for the clarification Cireon.
Matty wrote:
Alex asked about this in detail, so for the exact formula and why, see this thread: https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/3078/inner-workings-of-the-game-engine/post/53716#post-53716
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.