The 36 "most predominant" players
  • 76 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
The_Bishop wrote:
The "predominance" of a player is intended to be a parameter that takes into account both the personal rating and the number of games played in the last month (to be more precise in the last session: in this case from May 16th to June 19th 2020). Both those players who have a very high rating, and those who play a very large number of games, can have an excellent predominance, or also those who have a good balance of the two parameters. It is a simple multiplication between two factors, then I divided the results by a thousand, just to facilitate reading.

"The 36 Predominants" (click to show)

It's nothing official, it's just an experiment. I do not rule out having made calculation errors or having forgotten some names, please forgive me in case of mistakes. The intent is to see if this parameter is of any interest to the community. Only players with a rating of at least 1296 (nine grosses) appear on this list, and they must be present on both the D12 list of May 16th and the D12 list of June 19th. My list goes up to the 72nd element and even further, but then I got tired of making the tab and so I stopped at the 36th.

No intention on my part to change the rating system or the election method of the "12 Dominants", just an experiment, that's all.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Very interesting stats! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

dough_boy wrote:
Not sure what this is trying to show, but I don't think the quantity of games means a whole lot. Shouldn't it be quality of games? This seems like it favors those who play live games, or who play a lot of 2 player games.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep right. I'd like to use "turns taken" rather than "games played", it would be better imo, but I have no record of the "turns taken" stats of one month ago.
dough_boy wrote:
But that too doesn't really do anything. For instance if you are constantly playing live games then you will always have more turns taken than someone playing in a 9 person long term game.
2BeeStings wrote:
im just home from work & very tired,hardly can think , but thx for the email, the games are fun
mah208 wrote:
JamieMacDonald
Extremely fascinating

I am of an agreed opinion
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks mah208, but I think you forgot an important part of JamieMacDonald's speech:

JamieMacDonald
uwu

I'm really excited because it's the first time I get a "uwu" from a sweety kitten! :D
This kind of thing is truly inspiring for me and therefore I'll probably publish the second part of the list.
The_Bishop wrote:
"Predominance" - extended list -
Here is the extended list, actually I have now in mind a slightly different parameter but for the moment it is so.

Top 36 (click to show)
36th to 72nd (click to show)
Out-of-list Dominants (click to show)
elysium5 wrote:
Maybe I am reading this wrong but doesn't this favor quantity over quality?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes @elysium5 and @dough_boy, you both are absolutely right. The fact is that when I started drawing up the list I couldn't imagine that there were users with such a large number of games played in a month: this clearly sends them directly to the top floors of my ranking. In short, the "predominance" -- as I calculated it -- is too much influenced by the amount of games played in the last session, at least for what my intentions were.

This is the reason why I am planning to use a modified parameter that brings the two factors (rating and games played) into balance. So to make the distinction I'm going to call the original parameter "absolute predominance" (or alpha-predominance) and the new one "balanced predominance" (or beta-predominance). I will show the results as soon as they are ready, please be patient.
Dima wrote:
I am not in the list. Therefor the list cant be true.
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Dima is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Dima, it results that you only played/finished 16 games in the last session, so you are 127th in "predominance".
25 - Lieutenant @Dima -- 3186 -- 649 -- 16 -- 50.976