• 57 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
armstrong101 wrote:
elysium5
Again, this is a discussion that should be via PM and not in the forums but you seem to want a public spectacle so to answer your question;

Why is it there
You know why it is there and
and can I get it lifted?
as long as you continue to pretend you don't understand why, it will not be lifted.

I know why it's there. It's based on false pretenses. I was busy midway through the game, then had to add extra time 2 times.

This thread simply shows that if someone uses extra time, they may be accused and banned of delaying a game. You don't even have to delay every turn, you simply have to use extra time twice. That is literally all I am accused of doing. I think this is why you tried to change the subject, bringing up dork/kid etc., because you realize you don't have the proof for your accusation. You're making an example out of me. It's a very poor example.

What am I on? I'm on my bike.
armstrong101 wrote:
elysium5
you continue to pretend you don't understand why, it will not be lifted.

The problem is YOU don't even know why. What do you want me to do? Admit to something you want to hear? Is that what it will take? I got busy. You're saying I didn't? Based on???
armstrong101 wrote:
Advice to everyone here.

If you're in a game with someone who is annoying you, and they use extra time, you can report them for delaying the game. They will have that function banned for them.

armstrong101 wrote:
So... question.

This ban - if I eliminate another player, do I get time added?  Or is it 3 mins no matter what?
armstrong101 wrote:
Eliminations will be tough. I guess I'll just warn people in the chat that I'm limited to 3 mins, which means in multiplayer, it'll be really hard for me to successfully eliminate others. I guess that's why I haven't really won that much in a few weeks.

armstrong101 wrote:
Matty
Ah ok, it's an add-time ban.
I guess the bug report then is that the site doesn't tell you why it doesn't work. I'll create an issue for that so I won't forget to fix it.

Hi Matty

Glad I helped you discover this site-improvement. Had I not replied in pubilc, you would have missed it. Elysium thinks there was no benefit to me replying publicly, but he's mistaken (and I'll note, for the 2nd time, although because he's a mod, he doesn't have to admit it, nor will he).

This ban - if I eliminate another player, do I get time added? Or is it 3 mins no matter what?

Thanks in advance.
elysium5 wrote:
7. Take your turns or resign
Missed turns ruin games. It is disrespectful to make players wait for your timer to run out before they can take their turn. Disrespect is not tolerated on this site.
If you have planned a vacation where you will not have regular internet access then stop joining Long Term games at least two weeks prior to the vacation for Increasing Card games and at least one month prior for Fixed Card games. If you are leaving unexpectedly and won't have internet access then first leave any games that haven't started yet. Then, if you know for sure that you will be gone long enough to miss two turns in a row, you should resign from the game so that the other players won't have to wait for your turns to expire.

Live Games
If you know in advance that you have to leave at a certain time and may not have enough time to finish a live game then don't join that game. If you are in a live game and unexpectedly have to leave then it is required that you resign. Also apologize for making them wait for your turn to time out.
Obviously if you lose your connection or there was an emergency then you won't be able to inform the other players. But if you regularly quit games without informing the other players you will receive an official warning. After 3 warnings you will be banned.

So if you don't have time to play, you really shouldn't join the game. You should have apologized for making others wait. If you use your restriction as an excuse to ruin other games, be warned that this will likely result in restricting you to two player games only where you can't ruin a multi-player game.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
armstrong101 wrote:
elysium5
7. Take your turns or resign
Missed turns ruin games. It is disrespectful to make players wait for your timer to run out before they can take their turn. Disrespect is not tolerated on this site.
If you have planned a vacation where you will not have regular internet access then stop joining Long Term games at least two weeks prior to the vacation for Increasing Card games and at least one month prior for Fixed Card games. If you are leaving unexpectedly and won't have internet access then first leave any games that haven't started yet. Then, if you know for sure that you will be gone long enough to miss two turns in a row, you should resign from the game so that the other players won't have to wait for your turns to expire.

Live Games
If you know in advance that you have to leave at a certain time and may not have enough time to finish a live game then don't join that game. If you are in a live game and unexpectedly have to leave then it is required that you resign. Also apologize for making them wait for your turn to time out.
Obviously if you lose your connection or there was an emergency then you won't be able to inform the other players. But if you regularly quit games without informing the other players you will receive an official warning. After 3 warnings you will be banned.

So if you don't have time to play, you really shouldn't join the game. You should have apologized for making others wait. If you use your restriction as an excuse to ruin other games, be warned that this will likely result in restricting you to two player games only where you can't ruin a multi-player game.

I don't always know in advance. Sometimes life gets in the way of things. You'd know, assuming you have a life (not an insult). As for resigning, I resign a very large percentage of my games. About 40% it seems. Probably higher than most people here.

I don't ruin games. I play to win. Again, you accusing me of something based on nothing.

AlexCheckMate wrote:
armstrong101
https://dominating12.com/game/960351

This is the game that got your add-time function suspended.

-------------------------------------------

OK. That's pretty harsh. 

I see on two turns, out of 11, I took my time.

2 Dec, 19:58:17
armstrong101 ran out of time.

12 Dec, 19:47:18
armstrong101 ran out of time.

Umm... I thought it was in our right to use our extra time turns as we see fit? We're limited at 2 so that the option is not abused. So given the fail-safe, what issue do you have with the way I played? If people don't like others using extra time in live games, then they shouldn't play live games. I don't have an issue with others using extra time in the games I play, even when I have to go. Because it's in the rules for them to do that, and the option is there for them to use.

I checked this game; based on this game, I wouldn't have stripped you of your priveledges to use the add time function. However, I do not know of any previous things you may have done in the past, nor am I staff - so it doesnt matter what my thoughts are on this. Instead of banning the add-time, I would've send you a PM and inform you that your behaviour (adding time & _not using_ it - your case of actually having a reason (being a doc and seeing patients - it's not visible to anyone - you could've (& should've?) voiced this)) is frowned upon and that you should treat my message to you as a (final) warning with respect to this behaviour; continued use could lead to actions being taken to you, to prevent you from causing issues.

That said, I am negatively surprised how you handle/d the case. Elysium engaged in conversation with you when you brought it up - I'm pretty sure you would've had more success on your endeavour with just talking with Ely, rather than blasting a lot of noise in the ether, as you're doing now. Also, I'm surprised that the game that caused this is more than a month ago and you've only noticed it now? To me, that makes it seem as if it didn't effect you much, so no need to go berzerk about it... just mention it and see if something can/will get done about it, rather than provoke by mentioning this is likely the cause for you not winning many games in the recent past. Nonsense is never a good argument.

Also, I took the liberty of just checking up on some of your latest games (1v1) - how come you play 3min 1v1 games, if you are aware of your situation? play 7min 1v1 games instead? it'll greatly improve your flexibility (you can both still end turns within a minute, if you want to - yet can also take the full 7min (+add time)). Alas, that's a personal choice and you do not need to defend yourself vs me - see it as a piece of advice maybe?

Finally, I find it rather childish that you are issuing threats in this thread... don't be mad and say that you will likely ruin other people's games, because you aren't allowed to add time. Instead, take some time to compose yourself, apologise for your behaviour (in this thread) and engage in conversation with the staff. In my opinion and experience, they're just normal human beings and when treated with respect, they'll treat you with the same. You could likely find ways to get your ban lifted (perhaps with a probation period?) and enjoy the game again to its fullest extent. I'd assume that a man of your intelligence (a doctor), would prefer a peaceful solution over a mudswinging contest (keep in mind - you can never defeat staff, it's not about being right in such instances - with which I'm not saying you're right here)?

Just a quick take on it from a fellow player, nothing more, nothing less.

-Alex

*edit
Feel free to contact me in PM if you wish to discuss further - I do not intend to leave a greater mark on this thread than I already have.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
I don't ruin games. I play to win. Again, you accusing me of something based on nothing.

If you guys are OK with that, then I"ll go play multi-players, and miss my eliminations, thereby ruin games. I'll just point them to this thread.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
armstrong101 wrote:
Elyssa...

It is possible to play to win, and still have games end up ruined.  You know, like trying to conquer, and missing?

Remember, it's all about intent, right? I'll have the correct intent, but the outcomes might not be ideal.

Just like me pushing for more time. Lesson learned, from you.
armstrong101 wrote:
I'll mention that the fact the ban was imposed upon me, but I wasn't told about it, caused some games in the past month to be ruined.

Cause there was some times I tried to go for an elimination, but was unable to add more time, causing me to be unable to finish my turn.

So applying a ban to me, and not telling me about it, caused the ruination of some games. Given that I didn't know, I can't be culpable. The mod who applied the ban, in secret, IS culpable. So that mod should have a ban applied to them, for their conduct.
armstrong101 wrote:
You're a nice guy Alex. I know from your posts and a PM you sent me previously.

It's easy to not realize there's been a permanent ban on time-add. I don't use it every game, and whenever it didn't work, I chalked it up to temporary site issues. (for instance, if you have a big stack and are attacking another big stack, if you press the attack button very quickly in succession to liquidate the stacks, the attack may end with you advancing only 1 single troop, even though you didn't actually select to advance "just 1" troop.) Lots of sites have little bugs/quirks like that. 

I thought maybe I couldn't add time only in multi-games, until today in a 2p I tried adding time to see if it would work or not. It didn't, then it occurred to me it had something to do with my account. I recalled that game back when, then reason for the problem occurred to me. The reason I made the big fuss is because I didn't agree with it but I knew I was behind the eight-ball.

Would you admit to something you didn't do just to satisfy someone's ego? Would you Elyssa? His desire for me to "admit" something obviously means it's all about ego.

OK - so you win. You, Elyssa, write what it is you would like to hear from me. I'll repeat it verbatim. Good enough? I don't see why this wouldn't satisfy you, since it'll be exactly what you want to hear.

If not, I'll just stick with my ban. It's just a game, and there are other places to play too. Tell Dumbplay and Clydesdale that I'll miss them.