• 57 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
armstrong101 wrote:
I can do two things at once. I'm sure you can too. You were replying over your lunch hour? Is it OK to eat and play Risk at the same time or is that against the rules also?
What am I on? I'm on my bike.
elysium5 wrote:
The only reason I am even discussing this here is because I think it is good for everyone else on the site to see why we have rules like this and why it is important not to misuse or abuse the features we offer players on the site. It is good to see examples of poor sportsmanship and why it is frowned upon and some of the things we can do to limit abuse of some of the site features.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
Ah ok, it's an add-time ban.
I guess the bug report then is that the site doesn't tell you why it doesn't work. I'll create an issue for that so I won't forget to fix it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
armstrong101 wrote:
Again, your central accusation against me has no proof? I had 2 turns that I added time to! That's it! And I was busy!

If I was really trying to delay the game, why is it after those 2 turns everything else was played efficiently?  Do you have an explanation for that? 
elysium5 wrote:
Members should also know that all bans or restrictions don't need to be permanent unless there are continued problems but you seem to be making a case against yourself in regards to this issue.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
armstrong101 wrote:
I am a doctor and I see patients. People come in. I play during breaks. But sometimes there are unscheduled walk-ins. If I'm halfway through a game, I try to finish it. Playing to win, and playing in a predictable way for the others in the game is an honorable thing to do.

If you're saying the minute something else comes up, that I should immediately resign, I would imagine everyone (even you, your microwaved lunch is ready, go get it) would probably be in violation of the "rules" of not giving their full undivided attention to their game.

You are accusing me of something without any proof and without any supporting evidence. 9/11 of my moves were played ultra-efficiently. Probably even more efficient than your average turn. So what did I do wrong? I got busy, but stayed in the game.
armstrong101 wrote:
It's been more than a month, and I was never even told of the ban.

So how am I supposed to know what I'm supposed to do if I'm given punishments I'm not even told about?

elysium5 wrote:
After those turns, all you did was reinforce and fortify. No moves made. Yes, How is that efficient, exactly?.
armstrong101 wrote:
elysium5
Members should also know that all bans or restrictions don't need to be permanent unless there are continued problems but you seem to be making a case against yourself in regards to this issue.

No my case is against your case. You don't have a case. You don't know why I needed that extra time.
elysium5 wrote:
Why not just answer my PM instead of trying to discuss it here? Or message a staff member directly? You seemed to have a pretty good idea why it wasn't working in the first place...
armstrong101 wrote:
elysium5
After those turns, all you did was reinforce and fortify. No moves made. Yes, How is that efficient, exactly?.

Here's a little secret. Sometimes during games, midway, I get busy. I don't have the time to study the map. Or even the free hands to make a move. I just get the troops, deploy them, move on. Hopefully I can get back in the game later. This isn't that uncommon for me.

Regarding efficiency, yes it's very efficient. The next player gets to make his move very soon. 

So did I get in trouble for taking too much time? Or too little? Which is it now?
armstrong101 wrote:
I didn't like the accusation then (at the time of the game), and nor do I now. I figured you'd be on "his" (the complainer's side) since the ban was levied. Obviously I want to clear my name.

elysium5 wrote:
Also, you still haven't answered my other question; what punishment do you seem fit for me to give you both for you calling someone a dork and someone calling you a kid. After all:

3. No name calling or harassing players
You can tell a player that they made a bad move if you take the time to explain why, but you cannot call the player names. Attack the strategy but not the person. If an Admin or Moderator reminds you of this rule and you continue to call them names then game chat will be disabled on your account.
armstrong101 wrote:
Sorry, I didn't see that rhetorical question.

You are free to do whatever you want.

So what about my time ban?  Why is it there and can I get it lifted?
elysium5 wrote:
Again, this is a discussion that should be via PM and not in the forums but you seem to want a public spectacle so to answer your question;

Why is it there
You know why it is there and
and can I get it lifted?
as long as you continue to pretend you don't understand why, it will not be lifted.