out of order
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
1771 wrote:
just thought i would post this for the new guys, if you purchase a rank out of order then it wont take effect until you purchase the other ranks. i know this from experience because now i am stuck needing tokens to get my lance corporal first class. so make sure you purchase ranks in order, so you don't make the same mistake.
4myGod wrote:
That's how I get you enslaved to the system... Now you are in need, hahahaha!

No I'm joking. I'll get some sort of notice on the rank page for new members.
-NoXoN- wrote:
Why can someone purchase Chief warrant officer when he is Command Corporal? Players are doing same mistake even today. Here is message i got:

Question for ya - I purchased Chief Warrant Officer some time ago, but it doesn't show up anywhere. It shows as purchased. Do you know who can fix this?
aeronautic wrote:
You can buy a rank if you have enough battle points & tokens to achieve it, but if your points drop below the rank's required points you have to drop down to the next lowest rank that you purchased.

So if you skipped any ranks when purchasing your highest rank, e.g. Command Corporal to Chief Warrant Officer (CWO), if your points drop below that required for CWO, you go back to Command Corporal unless you wish to purchase a rank in between the two.

You can not be a CWO again until your battle points are enough to show the rank.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I was wondering two things with respect to this topic:

1) Is there a way to know/find out who everyone is who has purchased a particular rank (e.g. I'd like to know everyone who got one or several of the following ranks: Brigadier General, Major General, Lieutenant General & General)?
2) Are there plans to add more ranks to the current list? These can be ranks between the other ranks (e.g. something for having 2000 rating (between Sergeant Major & Warrant Officer)) or ranks to extend the current ladder (e.g. 5700, 6000, 6300, 6600, etc).

Questions surfaced after making it to general.
Picture of all ranks in D12 (click to show)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I can't answer Question 1)

Question 2) There was discussion about having the Field Marshall rank, but this never got pursued. Of course it would be the highest rank to strive for, but would have to be some other insignia than 3 stars, as that's currently the Dominator insignia.

As for the other ranks, they used to be quite different and a little unstructured.
What we have done is to organise them into groups, with the three stages for the lower ranks names and insignia then two stages for the officer ranks until general, where there are once again 4 stages (essentially, 4 single unique ranks, but all bearing the name General and all using 1 of 4 stages of Stars or Stars and Bar).
The ranks themselves have been much discussed and after a long debate, we ended up with what we currently have, which is a rank tier system with ranks that are a manifestation of real ranks from most of the world's Land Military Establishments.

At the redesign stage, we also discussed the amount of ranks and point differences & thresholds and the current structure was deemed to be best for the site at the time.

There are many threads about Ranks, but this one is where we discussed the points, names and new insignia:
https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/980/premium-ranks?
You will be able to view the full discussion and progress of the ranks' from the early original ranks to the redesigned ranks.
*NB You won't see many images there until you get to the ones stored on my own server, as most people use free temporary image upload sites.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I don't think there is anything for (1), other then manually checking every player (well, every player high in one of the dominator lists should be easier and as effective I think).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
For 1) I located 13 (or 14, if Fendi counts for the counter? - https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/3227/world-inverted-map/post/56911#post-56911
 ) out of 15 generals. another 4 with Lieutenant General (16), add 3 for Major General (18) and another 5 for Brigadier General (29) - so some people will have skipped some ranks. Of course I could still miss out on some.
2) I'll assume the 3 stages would be: Private to Chief Warrent Officer (with black, white and red), then 2nd Lieutenant through Colonel (yellow added) and then 1 last stage which corresponds with yellow stars (Brigadier General up till General). Seems quite natural and logical to me; probably best left untouched?

Also, I read back (kinda from this point onwards: https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/980/premium-ranks/post/42257#post-42257 in your linked thread) - it seems the FM rank is already up and ready to go? (And I like the silly suggestion of Vegeta for OVER NINE THOUSAND XD). Can't find it in the shop though - is this still going to be a thing? Also, if so, I'd be fully cool with boosting slackbatter up to his 7k+ rating just for the purpose of obtaining this next rank (or just manually adding it to his stats, if that's fine with him too).
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein