• 20 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
killrick wrote:
one way to solve the too many colours thing would be to have a number instead of a colour. i have no idea if this is possible but our resident cyberbrains could probably figer it out. the idea of a 20 person game just sounds nuts so i want to try. and for the cards simple  just use 2 decks, what could go wrong? just emagine the glee of killing 20 players in one move. good times!
Cireon wrote:
We already have to use 2 decks on some maps with 9 players. Our system only supports up to 4 decks.

Also, the "resident cyberbrains" also care about user experience, and you need something like colours to make it possible to easily distinguish which territory belongs to which. If we did it with numbers, you'd need to look at every single territory individually to find the number and thus who it belongs to. This probably makes the game unplayable, because it would be near impossible to get a good feel about who is powerful.

For further discussion about additional colours, check https://dominating12.com/forums/3/map-creation/2892/colour-circles-for-more-players
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
Curious...but what about mixing colors and symbols? e.g. the standard 9 colors, but now add in squares, circles, triangles, hexagon, etc. 9 colors x 4 symbols would give you 36 possibilities. Even just 2 would be 18, add in another color and you could be at your 20.
Cireon wrote:
Please direct the discussion to the thread I linked. This has been suggested before and I explained in that thread why it would probably not work ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card