• 20 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Hoodlum wrote:
No matter what risk site you go, you can't escape them. I'd love to see a fun new reputation score where we could report someone for dice complaining. Not for disciplinary reasons, but some days you just can't be bothered reading their complaints, and wanna avoid them, but on the other hand you could go lurk these low scorers games and have a little giggle. :)

The Dice Complainer
They're like a different breed of d12 players. They have always existed among us. Your best friend could be one of them... you never know.

I'm of course talking about dice complainers.

For as long as they have existed, science has strived to understand these people. Where do they come from? How does one become a dice complainer? What makes them different from us? Is it genetic, or is it something one chooses to become?

Should dice complainers have the same rights as the rest of us? Should they be allowed to marry non-complainers?

We don't have all the answers yet, but we have made progress. With scientific methods, we have now divided dice complainers to five subgroups:

The Conspiracy Theorist: is convinced that his dice rolls are being "rigged" and "manipulated" by the site, because the site admin dislikes him personally or something. Is easy to identify, because almost every post he makes in the live chat advertises his bad dice, posting some gamelog stuff that no one cares about.

The Equalizer: gets stuck up on the "fairness" of dice. Perceives that if he receives worse rolls than his opponent in any given game, then the game is not "fair". Often complains about "streaks". Does not care about the randomness of the dice, just wants dice to give Equal results to everyone.

The Would-Be Conqueror: blames the dice for his own strategical mistakes. Whenever he loses a game, it's the dices fault. Whenever he wins, it's because his strategy was supreme despite the odds being stacked against him. Shares many traits with the Conspiracy Theorist. Tends to get very aggravated when someone suggests re-evaluating his game strategy.

The Nutty Professor: spends obscene amounts of time obsessing about the dice, recording stats, posting long posts about how his own mathematical formulas and theories prove that the dice are "broken". Somehow, with all his supreme intelligence, still never manages to come up with a better formula/system for the dice.

The Tempera-Mental: this guy is an on-off dice complainer. He only gets really mad at the dice when he loses an important game because of dice rolls (or perceives losing because of dice rolls) and vents his anger on the forums. Isn't really committed to the lifestyle of dice-complaining. However, if this type gets bored with his life and too obsessed with D12, he can sometimes evolve into one of the other dice-complainer types.

Some links that you probably won't read.

D12 Dice

Different Dice Options

Balanced Dice

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Jimi wrote:
@hoodlum
That's really funny haahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Its brilliant

All of us blamed the dice at some point... but I really liked the article

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
dough_boy wrote:
I am not sure I have complained about the dice...might have.

One thing I do notice is that some days it seems I am invincible...in every game I take my turn. Whereas some days I am better off placing my armies and skipping attacking. Half the time it is a wash, but I do notice some "invincible" days.
Hoodlum wrote:
Jimi
@hoodlum
That's really funny haahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Its brilliant

All of us blamed the dice at some point... but I really liked the article

lol. i cant take credit for it. it's from some other dice game site,..thought it was funny too :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
They are related to the 'free coupon people' I believe:

" I have a coupon for a free pizza...What??!! I don't get a free pop with that, too??!! What a ripoff!"
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
@Hoodlum, can you attribute the source you got this from?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This article is 24 Karat Gold, thanks for sharing ^^^^:)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
@Hoodlum, can you attribute the source you got this from?

Good Q - Why are you keeping the other website a secret? :<

16 Apr, 01:25  Olympus: take note, you will never win if dice always lose for your rolls
   16 Apr, 01:25  Olympus: it is factually impossible
   16 Apr, 01:26  Olympus: and d12 can program ur dice to lose
   16 Apr, 01:27  Olympus: therefore they control every one record, rank, game results etc.
   16 Apr, 01:28  Olympus: 16 Apr, 01:26:49 Ohio (hooboy11) attacked Indiana (Olympus) killing 8, losing 0.
   16 Apr, 01:28  Olympus: as example, i win not 1 defensive roll in 4 rolls
   16 Apr, 01:28  Olympus: 8 dice no ties vs 12 dice, not 1 tie
   16 Apr, 01:34  hooboy11: You all out of tinfoil bro?
   16 Apr, 01:34  hooboy11: That was pretty terrible, I agree. With balanced dice I almost can't believe it's possible.
   16 Apr, 01:35  hooboy11: But then you get games like these where everything goes your way..https://dominating12.com/game/908307
   16 Apr, 01:35  hooboy11: Nobody ever posts about those for some reason...
   16 Apr, 01:35  Olympus: 1 game in 10 to make ur point
   16 Apr, 01:35  Olympus: the 9 overwhelm it
   16 Apr, 01:36  Olympus: u dont see the big picture
  16 Apr, 01:50  Hoodlum: How does one become a dice complainer? What makes them different from us? Is it genetic, or is it something one chooses to become? Should dice complainers have the same rights as the rest of us?
   16 Apr, 01:50  Hoodlum: Should they be allowed to marry non-complainers? We don't have all the answers yet, but we have made progress. With scientific methods, we have now divided dice complainers to five subgroups:
   16 Apr, 01:51  Hoodlum: dice
   16 Apr, 01:53  Olympus: it's genetic

16 Apr, 02:00  ProblemChild96: I enjoy the way the dice roll
   16 Apr, 02:00  ProblemChild96: Original dice only tho, i cant stand the balanced dice option
   16 Apr, 02:27  Olympus: there is big disadvantage to being premium
   16 Apr, 02:27  Olympus: when playing 2 games at once lose track what is happening in complicated game
   16 Apr, 02:27  Olympus: and people report u for subpar moves
   16 Apr, 02:28  Olympus: not worth it
   16 Apr, 02:33  Olympus: Can d12 produce a list of non whiners? so I can play games with them ?
   16 Apr, 02:33  Olympus: & actually have fun ?
   16 Apr, 02:33  Olympus: thank you
   16 Apr, 02:40  ProblemChild96: Not sure you would make that list Olympus
   16 Apr, 02:40  Olympus: me either
   16 Apr, 02:40  Olympus: :(
   16 Apr, 02:40  ProblemChild96: lol
   16 Apr, 02:44  hooboy11: haha, yeah, ummmm, what?
   16 Apr, 02:44  hooboy11: Lol @ Hoodlum. Maybe they're born with it, maybe it's whinebeline!)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
SpaceDragon2004 wrote:
Lol, I can't say much, I curse my luck when I'm in an big game. I tend to lose 9 to 2 or somewhere around there when I've got a good setup and I need good dice, but when it doesn't matter it works out well. But I am aware that D12 and Risk are all about strategy and luck.

But figuring out a balance between the two and finding a way to use it to your advantage is tricky.

The same thing happens when you get cards. You get 4 cards but have no sets, so you can't get the bonus yet. I usually wait to turn in my cards after my opponent uses theirs, so I get a higher bonus. IDK if that's actually a good strategy or not, but it makes me feel like I actually get the better end of the deal.

lol, but I don't complain. I don't play for rating and tokens, I just play for fun. Probably why my rating and rank are so low, but it doesn't matter too much to me.

But good question... I don't want to hang around dice complainers. lol
Seth
Seth
Sebastien wrote:
What?? This so wrong. It's the HAND OF GOD ! Everthing is written, you blasphemous ignorants.
aeronautic wrote:
Dice ARE the Gods of Risk, if you do not honour them, they will smite your armies!
I always do the Dice-Gods Ritual before rolling... shake 3 times, blow on them, spin around clockwise, shake 4 times and roll them from the right hand.
Works every time... kill all, lose none !!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
GriffinUcos wrote:
I wonder how you would code that..........
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."