ja4000 is a suicider
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
aeronautic wrote:
There is no need to make a forum post for game reports.

All you need to do is use the Report Tab in the game and then send a message to a member of staff to ask them to confirm and Second the report.
The player will then have their Fair Play rating reduced accordingly.

I have seconded your report of ja4000 in the above game, as he quite obviously committed murder/suicide and admitted it in the chat.
I will also send a message to the admins for them to review the game and make any other decisions on the situation.

In these cases, (without the chat admission) perceived suicide can sometimes just be correct play with bad dice, the player could have a very good chance of winning the game, but failed due to luck.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
dough_boy wrote:
My question is why does it have to be seconded? It is a pain to file a complaint, then realize you need a second and everyone is gone from that game. Then to go manually create a PM to one or more Mod's/Admins is just cumbersome.

Why not make it one report only is necessary and if people abuse that (false reports) then you make those people have to have a second opinion, etc?
Hoodlum wrote:
Volunteer moderating point of view.

There are so many complaints about a "suicide" that aren't a suicide. A lot of sore losers will just use the report player option and it will unjustly reflect the wrong fair play score for a player. The minimum of 2 players reporting works, because the players in the game itself know what's going on in the game, if its obvious and they care, then it likely a justified report. Not every suicide game is for a moderating staff to be the police, read game logs, and leave warnings and such. That's just work, and we are all volunteers and players. The reputation scores, ranks, games played are meant for an indicator of your opponent, where you can decide to play them, avoid them etc. It's all designed for the site to moderate itself in gameplay. If a players fair play is getting too low, or staff gets the same complaints about a player, it will always surface, and we are active players ourselves. It's easy enough for the staff to restrict them to 1v1 player games so they can only ruin their own games if they want to suicide/miss turns etc. They can claw their fairplay score back to something respectable in 1v1 games, and maybe get that privilege back.
New players often mess around with the buttons too, while getting use to the interface also that could ruin a players reputation score unjustly if it only required one report. The 2 report system prevents that stalker that chases you from game to game.

If a player feels they would like a 2nd report and doesn't want to bother another player, the moderating staff are helpful, as long as a reporter is helpful. Just sending us a link isn't going to cut it. No fun for the moderating staff to look at a gamelog and end up finding nothing. "Aint nobody got time for that!". Please provide as much information to assist us.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
and they care

That to me sums this entire thing up. I am taking the time to care...but I can't force anyone else to do it. Also, often times murder suicide ends up with the game ending. I don't know how many people bother to check why they died, or how the game ended. So when I do it and it shows "obviously" what happened if no one comes in after the game is over, or came in before I did I have to manually request a second opinion. Also, just arbitrarily affecting a user's reputation WITHOUT mod/admin agreement shouldn't happen. You could have 2 people in a game that are friends and they are pissed and report a person right or wrong.

It should be 1 report, mod/admin reviews. If they agree they are the second report (the one needed to correct actions, points, etc).
Matty wrote:
The idea of the report system is that it should work without mods/admins interfering though.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
I did not know that and I am assuming most might not. They probably are thinking that hey, 2 reports and a mod/admin will come investigate. As you can see from some of these posts, and PM's I have made it is virtually impossible to get 2 people to report things on a game that has ended.
Hoodlum wrote:
As a moderator i almost always let a suicide game finish. The winner keeps the points, the suicider keeps the lost points, the rest of the players in the game will get points returned. A cancelled game only rewards the suiciders play. I'll second a report against the suicider so it reflects his fairplay score, and maybe check up if that player has a pattern of the same thing. I'll take in consideration of how many games have been played, could be a very new player. I'll go thru a handful of recent games of the suicider, If I see that there are some games that that suicider didn't get 2'nd reports for I'll 2nd them. If their fair play score or an attendance score is quite low, they will get a 2p only restriction so they can't conitinue to ruin games in multiplayer games, but they can continue to play 1v1 games that they can only ruin for themselves if they want to suicide or miss turns. This is a fair consequence and that fair play score and missed turns score can be improved in the 1v1 arena with good activity.
I don't really need to send them a message in most cases, as they will soon find out because they will notice that they can only play 2p games and therefore they will do the work themselves by contacting a moderating staff. Sending messages, warning messages, sometimes engaging back and forth with childish responses can be unproductive and time consuming.
It's quite easy to get a 2nd report from a moderator, as long as a victim provides the relevant detailed information. Sometimes it's pretty obvious in the chat, other times it's time consuming trying reading that game log, figuring out how many cards a player had etc to justify if it was a legit attempt failed attempt to win/get advantage. Playback feature would definitely help with moderating games.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman