Tournament
  • 323 posts
  • Page 5 of 22
Hoodlum wrote:
I like an idea that Vexer mentioned once.

For 1v1 games.
Initial random drop.

The first turn player has a choice of remaining first, or choosing which drop he wants. if he decides to choose drop, he goes 2nd.
This helps fair up a scenario where a player might get a start and a +region drop.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
related thread

Vexer wrote:    Posted: 01 Jan 2017, 09:40 pm 
Post #10
There is an old idea to help with this issue which I think is superior but it never got implemented.

Going first is an advantage and so is a good drop. In a 2 player game it would be ideal if neither player got both. The solution is that the player who is randomly selected to go first can either choose to go first or choose which drop he wants. If he chooses to go first then the other player chooses between 2 drops.

When the game starts the territories are dividing 3 ways. 1 set has black territory circles, 1 set has white and 1 grey. Whichever player gets to select their drop would choose between the white or black circles.
Hoodlum wrote:
Tournament Bracket Double elimination. Winner Bracket/Loser Bracket

Game Links (click to show)

dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
I like an idea that Vexer mentioned once.

For 1v1 games.
Initial random drop.

The first turn player has a choice of remaining first, or choosing which drop he wants. if he decides to choose drop, he goes 2nd.
This helps fair up a scenario where a player might get a start and a +region drop.
I love that idea...
Hoodlum wrote:
And we have a battle! @elysium5 vs @mortz

It goes to a 2nd elimination!!

The FINAL games. 3 different maps. Mortz draws 2 starts

Game 764833
Game 764834
Game 764835

Good Luck

Hoodlum wrote:
congratz @Mortz

+5000 tokens (from @Hoodlum)

Placings (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
EPIC DEATH MATCH TOURNAMENT - SIGN UP!

Tournament Bracket

Need 32 players. for a Round robin of DM games.

Group Stage: 4 Pools of 8 players. each win is a point. Two players with the highest points out of each pool advance to the final stage.

Final Stage: 8 players battle it out in a final round robin.

1. Hoodlum
2. MuzuaneAskari
3. DraconaOrden
4. elysium5
5. Frasur
6. TP_knighty
7. ruffrider

Game settings: normal dice. random small maps & medium maps
When full, all seeds will be shuffled. You will play multiple games at once. all manually entered, so you must be prepared to start and finish the duration of the tournament or you could suffer attendance score. there will be only a time extension for the first games of the tournament, so you are at least aware the tournament has started, thereafter, you are responsible for the rest of the games in the tournament.
Prize..5000 hoody tokens. token donations accepted to the winners pool.
elysium5 wrote:
I'm in
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
TP_knighty wrote:
me too please  one little thing if possible when it starts if it could be written in lobby chat hihi i sometimes checkk page withotu logging in :P thx :)