Fairness.
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
pekiha wrote:
Im playing this Game 726690, where we have been 3 players for some rounds after starting 4.
Some rounds ago 1 player com suicide 1. time. Since then he only spent troops against me, making the 3. player stronger. Now he suicided again AND raised the flag.
Even in the gamechat he agrees suicide, angry at me.
But since Im the only one to have reported suicide, it doesn't count.
Unfair?
I think so.
Hoodlum wrote:
a moderator or admin can make a second report. you can find out who they are here https://dominating12.com/tutorial/staff
Also, use the report tabs within the game to get attention for a specific game.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Damage_Inc wrote:
  While that is unfortunate, there is another scenario that should be addressed. I was playing in a game a couple days ago, with 4 players (Game 752237), and was accused of doing exactly this, which could not have been farther from the truth. It was an enjoyable game, and I routinely target the largest armies for destruction. After destroying a huge army and in so, securing my continent, another player came and mopped up what was left.  When 2 players have 1 huge army each and want the same area, someone will lose, and someone will win.   Ironically, that player was not upset.  It was 3 turns later, when the player who benefited from that action, placed his massive and only army in front of Australia, which is where I had been heading to, and desperately needed.    I wiped out his army, but did not kill his remaining territories with 1 army on them.  
  I would love to hear opinions on this because some like to make just one massive army, and avoid fights between large armies, and I understand that.  If that is the case, and that player sits on Siam, when I have to take Australia, I am going to go through him, his 83 man army be damned.   If he did not want to have it destroyed, then dont put it where I am heading.  As you may have surmised, I took that players army out, and Australia, and the other remaining player then took the rest. 
  What was I supposed to do?  I was told that unless I can kill everything that players possesses, that I cant do that.  That cannot be correct, is it?
Damage_Inc wrote:
Follow up to above post:  My intention was to win the game. I was not suicide and leaving.  I planned to win when I took out the first player, and that was my intention when I took out the second.  Had my intention been to kill him and myself, then that makes sense, but clearly that was not the case.  When you are playing a game with the Increasing Bonuses, which I do not usually like for this reason, this is what will happen, as I needed the cards so strategy for territory went out the window, and it became a card chasing game.  It is worth noting that in both situations I did not get the cards.
aeronautic wrote:
My opinion is;
If you intend to decimate a player to get to where you would like to be, but not to make a game winning move and leave just a few of their troops for the next player to easily eliminate them and get their (very valuable) cards, it's kind of in between Murder & Suicide, you almost killed them even though it would allow someone else to win and you almost allowed the next player to easily kill them and you because you weakened the two strongest players and made a new unexpected Strongest Player who could grab the cards and turn them in to continue against you!

Murder & Suicide are pretty obvious, don't hand the game to someone else.

In some cases, a suicide is solely for cheating purposes where 3 friends will play 1 unsuspecting sucker and one will take them down for the other two to decide the winner.

There are occasions where you can almost murder a player and it is strategic, where the player that takes them out doesn't get enough cards to continue killing you and then themselves become prey to you with a 3 card set when they have more cards to offer.
I have seen lots of sacrificial-lamb attacks done in this way, sometimes for the greater good of the game and to stop stalemates as well.
Most experienced players know when they will become a sacrificial lamb and usually stop taking cards in the hope that the strongest players will go for it or call a stalemate.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.